No registration required

[Q] diagandroid.iqd stopped working and is giving me problems

OP sleekskyline120

30th May 2014, 07:58 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

3 posts
Hi everyone,
Full blown Android noob here, coming from BlackBerry.

Here's my story:
I rooted my AT&T D800 G2 using ioroot25 today and installed apps like Titanium Backup, Wakelock Detector, and Greenify. None of which caused any problems.

The issue started when I found this thread http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2664507 which explains that there are two .so files related to carrier iq in /system/lib. So using the adb tools with ioroot25, I was able to remove these two files. Afterwards, I rebooted my phone and the persistent error message that "Unfortunately, the process diagandroid.iqd has stopped." Okay, luckily I had kept the two carrier iq files on my computer, so I put them back into /system/lib (which was a serious pain in the a** for me because I kept getting permissions errors that I didnt understand).

This error message doesn't let me use the phone at all. When I hit OK, it immediately pops back up, rendering the phone almost useless. If I'm stubborn, I can get to one button or something on screen within about 10 minutes.

I don't think the two carrier iq files are causing this because I put them back and the problem still exists.

Thinking it would help, I booted into I guess what would be called "recovery mode" (there's no custom recovery installed on my phone) and I used it to perform a hard reset. This was clearly a mistake because now I can't get into the menu to enable developer options and usb debugging.

Now I'm stuck and don't know what to do, any suggestions to get rid of the "diagandroid.iqd" error would be extremely appreciated.

Thanks for your help
30th May 2014, 04:55 PM   |  #2  
OP Junior Member

3 posts
Bump? Any help at all would be appreciated.
31st May 2014, 01:42 AM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member

3 posts
Bump again

Currently I have no way of turning USB debugging on so I can access ADB.

Also when I go to download mode, it gets stuck on "Firmware update" and the progress bar stays at 0% and does nothing.

If there's a way to remotely enable USB debugging, I'll love you forever.

Please help
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread