Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,742,650 Members 37,948 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Dell venue 8 android 4.4 downgrade to 4.3

Tip us?

quevon24
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Question [Q] Dell venue 8 android 4.4 downgrade to 4.3

Hi guys, im still very new with my dell venue 8 android i tablet and recently i updated it to android 4.4 but since then my screen gets black, and to make it work again y have to lock and then unlock to display the screen again, there's any fix for this, or there's a way to downgrade from android 4.4 to 4.3 and if this is possible can you explain me how to do that? including make a backup? Thanks

johnw91498
Old
Thanks Meter 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by quevon24 View Post
Hi guys, im still very new with my dell venue 8 android i tablet and recently i updated it to android 4.4 but since then my screen gets black, and to make it work again y have to lock and then unlock to display the screen again, there's any fix for this, or there's a way to downgrade from android 4.4 to 4.3 and if this is possible can you explain me how to do that? including make a backup? Thanks
Is there a specific app you're in when the screen goes black? When I first upgraded to 4.4, a few of the games I played would cause the screen to go black. I read that I had to delete the app and re-install or see if the app has been updated to 4.4. After I re-installed a couple of my games, the screen hasn't gone black again.

Good luck

quevon24
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnw91498 View Post
Is there a specific app you're in when the screen goes black? When I first upgraded to 4.4, a few of the games I played would cause the screen to go black. I read that I had to delete the app and re-install or see if the app has been updated to 4.4. After I re-installed a couple of my games, the screen hasn't gone black again.

Good luck
Thanks for yor help, i will try that.