Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,769,622 Members 44,702 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Urgent - SMS Location

Tip us?
 
choccy31
Old
#1  
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 11
Posts: 558
Join Date: Oct 2009
Default Urgent - SMS Location

Hi Guys,

I have handcent and trying to find where sms's are kept / stored on phone.

Can't seem to see anything even in handcent folder?

Please help.
Phone: Samsung Galaxy S4 White UK
ROM: Stock Currently
BB:
Kernel: [COLOR=[/COLOR]

Tablet: Samsung Galaxy Tab 8.9 16gb p7310 - ROOTED*
ROM: To be decided
 
Joku1981
Old
(Last edited by Joku1981; 31st May 2014 at 01:05 AM.)
#2  
Joku1981's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 547
Posts: 1,805
Join Date: Jun 2012

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by choccy31 View Post
Hi Guys,

I have handcent and trying to find where sms's are kept / stored on phone.

Can't seem to see anything even in handcent folder?

Please help.
They're stored here: /data/data/com.android.providers.telephony/databeses/mmssms.db

*EDIT: That app is very old for this new firmwares. If you want backup/recover your SMS, use this ONE. It's very good.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
CLICK "THANKS" BUTTON IF I HELPED YA
 
choccy31
Old
#3  
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 11
Posts: 558
Join Date: Oct 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joku1981 View Post
They're stored here: /data/data/com.android.providers.telephony/databeses/mmssms.db

*EDIT: That app is very old for this new firmwares. If you want backup/recover your SMS, use this ONE. It's very good.
hi

do i need any specific software to locate those folders.

Im trying to see if i can recover some sms i deleted couple weeks back. Dont know if there afe any logs stored. by handcent?

Trief Dr Fone it couldnt even find curfent sms so failed there.
Phone: Samsung Galaxy S4 White UK
ROM: Stock Currently
BB:
Kernel: [COLOR=[/COLOR]

Tablet: Samsung Galaxy Tab 8.9 16gb p7310 - ROOTED*
ROM: To be decided
 
Joku1981
Old
#4  
Joku1981's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 547
Posts: 1,805
Join Date: Jun 2012

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by choccy31 View Post
hi

do i need any specific software to locate those folders.

Im trying to see if i can recover some sms i deleted couple weeks back. Dont know if there afe any logs stored. by handcent?

Trief Dr Fone it couldnt even find curfent sms so failed there.
No way to recover them if you deleted couple weeks back. Sorry

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
CLICK "THANKS" BUTTON IF I HELPED YA
The Following User Says Thank You to Joku1981 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes