Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,728,180 Members 46,969 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] S4 Active vs Xperia Z1

Tip us?

Gino76ph
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] S4 Active vs Xperia Z1

Hi there!

Recently bought an Xperia Z1 and i like it. But recently i have been experiencing some "odd things". Such as the whole phone just freeze, purple fringing in photos and camera starting very slow from Airplane mode. To some it might not sound much of a big deal and yes for me its not too big a deal but i fear it might not be the last time i will experience those issues.

My other fear from my Z1 is that the camera started to have mist inside as if to indicate the waterproofing ain't that tight and ain't that great. Then i heard about the Galaxy S4 Active. Now, i'm aware both phones came out last year although the Z1 seems to be the newer of the two with better specs, etc.

But i want to ask in terms of the ruggedness and better/tighter anit-dust and anti-splash (i.e. waterproofing) which you think does it better: Sony or Samsung?

Also, on another note which one you think still has another chance of an update to 4.4.2 or beyond?

Please advice. Thanks.

Vattu
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gino76ph View Post
Hi there!

Recently bought an Xperia Z1 and i like it. But recently i have been experiencing some "odd things". Such as the whole phone just freeze, purple fringing in photos and camera starting very slow from Airplane mode. To some it might not sound much of a big deal and yes for me its not too big a deal but i fear it might not be the last time i will experience those issues.

My other fear from my Z1 is that the camera started to have mist inside as if to indicate the waterproofing ain't that tight and ain't that great. Then i heard about the Galaxy S4 Active. Now, i'm aware both phones came out last year although the Z1 seems to be the newer of the two with better specs, etc.

But i want to ask in terms of the ruggedness and better/tighter anit-dust and anti-splash (i.e. waterproofing) which you think does it better: Sony or Samsung?

Also, on another note which one you think still has another chance of an update to 4.4.2 or beyond?

Please advice. Thanks.
I have a S4 Active and am more than satisfied with its water-resistance capabilities.

Haven't you considered another water-resistant phone, like the Galaxy S5 or Xperia Z2?
The Following User Says Thank You to Vattu For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Gino76ph
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vattu View Post
I have a S4 Active and am more than satisfied with its water-resistance capabilities.

Haven't you considered another water-resistant phone, like the Galaxy S5 or Xperia Z2?
I don't like Samsung phones because i think all their phones have become "premium" in terms of prices similar to Apple. They have too many bloatwares too. The Xperia Z2 is an amazing phone but like the S5 it's very new and still quite expensive.

So far the two phones that i had in the past 9 months is the G2 and the Z1 especially with battery life, performance, features, etc. the latter having an advantage because of its water-resistant properties.

But have heard the waterproofing on the S4 Active ain't too good and the camera is so weak & low-specced.

olarf
Old
Thanks Meter 276
I also use a s4 active and live it! The official 4.4 update is also available since some days. Battery power is 2 days +, screen is great and its smooth like hell (I run cm11 on it)

Gesendet von meinem GT-I9295 mit Tapatalk

Samsung GT-I9295 - CM11 - apex launcher pro
The Following User Says Thank You to olarf For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]