Ask a question

No registration required

[Q] Tried Installing TWRP & Now Lost Recovery

OP PenguinOfBane

31st May 2014, 12:35 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 1

24 posts
Ok so I could use some help. I've successfully rooted & flashed recoveries/roms on my older android phones (Droid Charge & Galaxy Nexus), but I'm having some trouble with my LG G2.

I've followed the IOroot & have root on my 980 but I cannot, for the life of me, get TWRP installed on this phone. I've tried Flishify, I've tried Clockwork Mod Manager, I've tried downloading & using a terminal in manually install it....no luck.

Clockword Mod Manager said it flashed a CWM recovery, but I would get the default standard recovery (no good for flashing roms). So I tried the terminal & typed the code exactly...then I lost recovery entirely. Now when I try to boot to recovery I get an LG screen & a Secure Boot Verification Error - then I have to do the Power & Vol Up to reboot the phone. I then tried Flashify, same results.

I downloaded Root Browser & verified that all my files for TWRP appear in the SDCard folder, so I don't think there should've been any issues w/the terminal, but that's where the trouble started.

Does anybody know how to regain recovery or how to salvage a custom recovery on 24A?

Much appreciated.

Thanks
31st May 2014, 12:40 AM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 1,650

2,343 posts
Donate to Me
More
Try this - find your proper version.
The Following User Says Thank You to bender_007 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
31st May 2014, 02:27 AM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 1