FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

Bricked phone?

124 posts
Thanks Meter: 8

Post Reply Email Thread
Hi,

I have problem with my Note II. I was running Omega rom for 2 weeks without any problems but today in the morning I could not to charge my phone. So I turned off the phone to charge it while is off but when I connected the cable, phone immediately booted (it is bug of rom). So I flashed CyanogenMod. Now Iam running CM11 and when I connect phone to charger it shows me that it is charging and LED diod is lightning but it doesnt charge phone. TWRP recovery also cant charge it. I tried to connect phone to PC and with Odin flash stock rom but PC doesnt recognize my phone although on the phone is showing that it is connected (drivers on the pc I have installed). I really dont know where is problem. Sorry for my bad english, thanks for help.

30th May 2014, 09:28 PM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 278

More
1. Did you try other chargers?
2. Did you try other cables to pc?
3. Is it possible you have damaged the usb port?
4. Do you have an external battery charging device? Will the battery charge?
5. Do you have a second battery? Any difference?

If you've damaged the usb port then either replace it (I'm not sure how big a job this is but typically it's not a big job, depends how and what it is joined to.)
Or get a second battery and external charger.

I have ignored software issues. I'm not sure what has influence over charging, but certainly the kernel is involved - you've change rom and kernels. The bootloader the same but without odin or some indication it could even cause the issue changing it is by other means isn't a good choice. If you can get a 2nd device, visually inspect the port to see if its damaged, do the same with the charger.

Good luck
The Following User Says Thank You to EmptyArea For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift EmptyArea Ad-Free
30th May 2014, 10:39 PM |#3  
OP Senior Member
Flag Medzilaborce
Thanks Meter: 8

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by EmptyArea

1. Did you try other chargers?
2. Did you try other cables to pc?
3. Is it possible you have damaged the usb port?
4. Do you have an external battery charging device? Will the battery charge?
5. Do you have a second battery? Any difference?

If you've damaged the usb port then either replace it (I'm not sure how big a job this is but typically it's not a big job, depends how and what it is joined to.)
Or get a second battery and external charger.

I have ignored software issues. I'm not sure what has influence over charging, but certainly the kernel is involved - you've change rom and kernels. The bootloader the same but without odin or some indication it could even cause the issue changing it is by other means isn't a good choice. If you can get a 2nd device, visually inspect the port to see if its damaged, do the same with the charger.

Good luck

1. yes
2. yes
3. I dont know, but on CyanogenMod is LED diod shining and phone can detect that it is charging, but in fact it doesnt charge it. And OTG is working too, so I think USB is not damaged.
4. I havent any external battery
5. I tried my second battery but it is doing that same, phone is not charging.

I think it is maybe software brick or something similar and flashing stock rom I think maybe can help but there is problem that PC doesnt recognize my phone so Odin cant find device too /drivers I have installed/.
Thanks
31st May 2014, 02:50 AM |#4  
Thanks Meter: 278

More
If your only indication that this is a software issue, is that you get a response but no charge; I wouldn't be surprised if a damaged charging contact did that. Also, the battery contact points are worth inspection. If you ever got these things wet and didnt dry them straight away rust starts and never stops.

You should change your thread title, when someone sees brick they think off and won't switch on. Your title should, "Can't charge battery; odin won't connect"
I agree it could be a software issue, but apart from trying other versions of odin (3.0.7 & 3.0.9), on other pcs too; the only other solution to software issues is JTAG. Which isn't really a solution for most. Anyway, again good luck, oh and press thanks rather than say it
The Following User Says Thank You to EmptyArea For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift EmptyArea Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)