No registration required

[Q] I Noob struggling to update Samsung Galaxy Note 2

OP khalahari

30th May 2014, 01:26 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

1 posts
Hi Guys

I have been reading for one day through all the threads looking to get one that suits my issue but I cannot find one that describes my issue exactly. Please I am "Technologically disabled" and do not understand all the terminology. My Note 2 started freezing and shutting down by itself after I have been using it for nearly 1 year with no issues. So I have done all the stuff like factory reset nearly 15 times but with no success. About two weeks ago I saw I am still running on Android 4.1.2. I have tried to update it through Kies but I got the message:" GT-N7100 does not support initializing".

I then followed the advise on this website to disconnect the device and download the update. Then I re connect my device in downloading mode and connect it to Kies and go through all prompts but then I get this message when it is suppose to download:" Cannot access model information server.

Can someone please help me to get this note 2 updated, it will be much appreciated.

Regards

Khalahari
30th May 2014, 01:34 PM   |  #2  
Flag Bhopal
Thanks Meter: 68

129 posts
More
Go to http://www.sammobile.com/firmwares/3/?download=28988 and follow the instructions.
31st May 2014, 02:56 AM   |  #3  
Thanks Meter: 261

1,488 posts
I agree with joy845's reply if you're up for it, but this could be hardware. I haven't heard of issues like this on 4.1.2
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread