Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,730,201 Members 52,475 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] I Noob struggling to update Samsung Galaxy Note 2

Tip us?

khalahari
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Unhappy [Q] I Noob struggling to update Samsung Galaxy Note 2

Hi Guys

I have been reading for one day through all the threads looking to get one that suits my issue but I cannot find one that describes my issue exactly. Please I am "Technologically disabled" and do not understand all the terminology. My Note 2 started freezing and shutting down by itself after I have been using it for nearly 1 year with no issues. So I have done all the stuff like factory reset nearly 15 times but with no success. About two weeks ago I saw I am still running on Android 4.1.2. I have tried to update it through Kies but I got the message:" GT-N7100 does not support initializing".

I then followed the advise on this website to disconnect the device and download the update. Then I re connect my device in downloading mode and connect it to Kies and go through all prompts but then I get this message when it is suppose to download:" Cannot access model information server.

Can someone please help me to get this note 2 updated, it will be much appreciated.

Regards

Khalahari

joy854
Old
Thanks Meter 64
Go to http://www.sammobile.com/firmwares/3/?download=28988 and follow the instructions.

EmptyArea
Old
Thanks Meter 261
I agree with joy845's reply if you're up for it, but this could be hardware. I haven't heard of issues like this on 4.1.2
If you haven't read prepare to be ignored, or worse.