Post Reply

[Q] AOSP Problems

30th May 2014, 01:08 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
16 posts
Join Date:Joined: Nov 2012
Basically, every time I install ANY AOSP ROM, these problems occur:

1) Proximity sensor during a call. [This has been discussed before on this thread but I've tried everything and I couldn't get it to work. I know for a fact that it isn't hardware and IS software because the proximity sensor works fine when I use the stock ROM. It's a problem with AOSP.]

2) Snapchat front camera [Whenever I use my front camera to take a video, it freezes, and then when the video is done recording it says "video cannot be played." Again, this only happens in AOSP ROMs. Touchwiz works fine.]

I REALLY hate Touchwiz based ROMs and I want AOSP but it's not usable for me if these problems occur.

If anyone can help, that'd be awesome!

Thanks in advance.
30th May 2014, 12:05 PM   |  #2  
mrzhadow's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Marysville WA
Thanks Meter: 464
 
813 posts
Join Date:Joined: Mar 2010
Donate to Me
More
Why don't you just avoid all these issues that will probably not get fixed since they have been in existence for quite a while. Have you ever tried a TW ROM with an Aosp theme? You get complete look and feel of Aosp. Check out this theme and see for yourself http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2304251

Sent from my SGH-M919
31st May 2014, 12:13 AM   |  #3  
lordcheeto03's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag ( ͡ ͜ʖ ͡)
Thanks Meter: 536
 
1,534 posts
Join Date:Joined: Aug 2012
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by anuderpins

Basically, every time I install ANY AOSP ROM, these problems occur:

1) Proximity sensor during a call. [This has been discussed before on this thread but I've tried everything and I couldn't get it to work. I know for a fact that it isn't hardware and IS software because the proximity sensor works fine when I use the stock ROM. It's a problem with AOSP.]

2) Snapchat front camera [Whenever I use my front camera to take a video, it freezes, and then when the video is done recording it says "video cannot be played." Again, this only happens in AOSP ROMs. Touchwiz works fine.]

I REALLY hate Touchwiz based ROMs and I want AOSP but it's not usable for me if these problems occur.

If anyone can help, that'd be awesome!

Thanks in advance.

I'm assuming that you've tried the Google Play edition ROMs? They are AOSP but offer much less customization than, say.. CM, Pac-man, etc. Lack of built-in customization options can easily be remedied though by using xposed GravityBox and other nifty modules.
The Following User Says Thank You to lordcheeto03 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
31st May 2014, 02:37 AM   |  #4  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
16 posts
Join Date:Joined: Nov 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by lordcheeto03

I'm assuming that you've tried the Google Play edition ROMs? They are AOSP but offer much less customization than, say.. CM, Pac-man, etc. Lack of built-in customization options can easily be remedied though by using xposed GravityBox and other nifty modules.

I have tried Google Play edition ROMs, but the customization wasn't enough for me. I'm not familiar with xposed GravityBox, but I'll check it out and I'll see what I find! What exactly does it do?
31st May 2014, 03:00 AM   |  #5  
serio22's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Houston
Thanks Meter: 717
 
2,236 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jul 2012
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by anuderpins

I have tried Google Play edition ROMs, but the customization wasn't enough for me. I'm not familiar with xposed GravityBox, but I'll check it out and I'll see what I find! What exactly does it do?

Gives you ton of customization, check it on the thread or xposed, gives you all the info you need

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk
The Following User Says Thank You to serio22 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
aosp, camera, front, proximity, snapchat
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes