Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,772,844 Members 51,190 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] AOSP Problems

Tip us?

anuderpins
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Phone [Q] AOSP Problems

Basically, every time I install ANY AOSP ROM, these problems occur:

1) Proximity sensor during a call. [This has been discussed before on this thread but I've tried everything and I couldn't get it to work. I know for a fact that it isn't hardware and IS software because the proximity sensor works fine when I use the stock ROM. It's a problem with AOSP.]

2) Snapchat front camera [Whenever I use my front camera to take a video, it freezes, and then when the video is done recording it says "video cannot be played." Again, this only happens in AOSP ROMs. Touchwiz works fine.]

I REALLY hate Touchwiz based ROMs and I want AOSP but it's not usable for me if these problems occur.

If anyone can help, that'd be awesome!

Thanks in advance.

mrzhadow
Old
Thanks Meter 452

DONATE TO ME
Why don't you just avoid all these issues that will probably not get fixed since they have been in existence for quite a while. Have you ever tried a TW ROM with an Aosp theme? You get complete look and feel of Aosp. Check out this theme and see for yourself http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2304251

Sent from my SGH-M919

lordcheeto03
Old
Thanks Meter 524
Quote:
Originally Posted by anuderpins View Post
Basically, every time I install ANY AOSP ROM, these problems occur:

1) Proximity sensor during a call. [This has been discussed before on this thread but I've tried everything and I couldn't get it to work. I know for a fact that it isn't hardware and IS software because the proximity sensor works fine when I use the stock ROM. It's a problem with AOSP.]

2) Snapchat front camera [Whenever I use my front camera to take a video, it freezes, and then when the video is done recording it says "video cannot be played." Again, this only happens in AOSP ROMs. Touchwiz works fine.]

I REALLY hate Touchwiz based ROMs and I want AOSP but it's not usable for me if these problems occur.

If anyone can help, that'd be awesome!

Thanks in advance.
I'm assuming that you've tried the Google Play edition ROMs? They are AOSP but offer much less customization than, say.. CM, Pac-man, etc. Lack of built-in customization options can easily be remedied though by using xposed GravityBox and other nifty modules.
Don't be afraid of the "Thanks" button
The Following User Says Thank You to lordcheeto03 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

anuderpins
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by lordcheeto03 View Post
I'm assuming that you've tried the Google Play edition ROMs? They are AOSP but offer much less customization than, say.. CM, Pac-man, etc. Lack of built-in customization options can easily be remedied though by using xposed GravityBox and other nifty modules.
I have tried Google Play edition ROMs, but the customization wasn't enough for me. I'm not familiar with xposed GravityBox, but I'll check it out and I'll see what I find! What exactly does it do?

serio22
Old
Thanks Meter 641
Quote:
Originally Posted by anuderpins View Post
I have tried Google Play edition ROMs, but the customization wasn't enough for me. I'm not familiar with xposed GravityBox, but I'll check it out and I'll see what I find! What exactly does it do?
Gives you ton of customization, check it on the thread or xposed, gives you all the info you need

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk
The Following User Says Thank You to serio22 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
Tags
aosp, camera, front, proximity, snapchat