If you ever had problems with Ubuntu when using fastboot

OP Destr0y3r

31st May 2014, 04:16 AM   |  #1  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 12

49 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Destr0y3r

Hello again! , this is just feedback of my experience the method to restore the phone to stock via ubuntu's terminal , if people are having some trouble with this , here i have a small tutorial on how to do it without a hitch.
SETTING UP FOR FASTBOOT
Open terminal and type in the following commands:
sudo apt-get install android-tools-fastboot
sudo apt-get install android-tools-adb
after this type in:

sudo apt-get update

Then here comes something a little bit complicated
you have to type : sudo apt-get install gksu (if i remember)
then after installing "gksu" type in
"gksu gedit /etc/udev/rules.d/51-android.rules"
this command will open a windows with a blank text file , in the text file type in:
# Motorola Moto G SUBSYSTEMS=="usb", ATTRS{idVendor}=="22b8", ATTRS{idProduct}=="2e80", MODE="0666", OWNER="plugdev" SUBSYSTEMS=="usb", ATTRS{idVendor}=="22b8", ATTRS{idProduct}=="2e76", MODE="0666", OWNER="plugdev"
after doing all this work if you guys didn't get confused simply reboot and just in case enable USB Debugging on the proggramer settings (to enable Developer settings go to About phone --> tap 7 times the Build number box and it will say "You are now a proggramer! that's it.
After rebooting your PC/Laptop , plug in your device and your device should have Moto G or "XT1032" as a name.

If you want to check if you succesfully did the proccess , open terminal and type
sudo adb devices
It should show some sort of model name , that means everything is ok , now to continue with all this proccess just type in "sudo adb reboot-bootloader and it should get you to Fastboot , on fastboot type in "sudo fastboot" and then type in just like the thread says
example:
"sudo fastboot flash recovery recovery.img"
OPTIONAL
If you want to open terminal from your folder where you have everything just go to terminal and type the command
sudo apt-get install nautilus-open-terminal
Once it installs, type "nautilus -q && nautilus" & to quit and reopen nautilus, and check the right click option. <------ IF THIS LAST COMMAND DOESN'T WORK TYPE IN "sudo nautilus -q && nautilus" , It should open the File

Explorer , close the terminal and now an option "Open with terminal" will appear when right
clicking.

Hope my new first thread helped you out! , i copied this from a previous comment i made on the thread "http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2542219"
Last edited by Destr0y3r; 31st May 2014 at 07:36 AM. Reason: INFO
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
fastboot flash troubleshoot ubuntu android
Previous Thread Next Thread