5,815,179 Members 38,318 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Need Help Please

Tip us?
 
dylr91
Old
#1  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 18
Join Date: Jan 2008
Default Need Help Please

Hey everyone, I stupidly tried to flash the Galaxy S5 experience 4.4.2 Rom to my ATT Note 3 SM-900a. I was using an older X-Note Rom and wanted to update my phone's firmware. I flashed it to the stock rom and now I can only boot into Safestrap. Is there anyway I can easily restore the device back to being functional? I can still see all my files on the device when using file manager on Safestrap, I just can't see the device on my computer.
 
dylr91
Old
#2  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 18
Join Date: Jan 2008
Anybody have any idea what to do here? I've been trying to figure out what to do for the last 6 hours
 
Gary02468
Old
#3  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 48
Posts: 336
Join Date: Jul 2011
You may get a better response if you use an informative subject line. That's the courteous thing to do in any forum. It lets people see at a glance whether your topic is one that they either want to learn about or can contribute knowledge to. Your subject line gives readers no clue what problem you're having. As a result, many readers won't bother to click on it at all.
 
440bro
Old
#4  
440bro's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 404
Posts: 1,158
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Cleveland ROCKS!!!

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by dylr91 View Post
Anybody have any idea what to do here? I've been trying to figure out what to do for the last 6 hours
If you can still open safestrap try loading a new rom.

Also please re-read the forum rules. You're only aloud to bump your threads once every 24hrs. Not every 3 hours. I know it's hard not to because you're in a panic. But it's the rules. We have to be patient.
 
dylr91
Old
#5  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 18
Join Date: Jan 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by 440bro View Post
If you can still open safestrap try loading a new rom.

Also please re-read the forum rules. You're only aloud to bump your threads once every 24hrs. Not every 3 hours. I know it's hard not to because you're in a panic. But it's the rules. We have to be patient.
I could get into SafeStrap but I wasn't able to load roms onto my device because it would not show up on my PC. Luckily I was able to find this site: http://www.androidrootz.com/2013/10/...xy-note-3.html

If anyone else is impulsive enough to get into this situation, that link saved my life. I will never mess around with the stock rom again without fully reading the instructions.
 
AxAtAx
Old
#6  
AxAtAx's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 12,874
Posts: 10,663
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: ViSiONViLLE

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by dylr91 View Post
Hey everyone, I stupidly tried to flash the Galaxy S5 experience 4.4.2 Rom to my ATT Note 3 SM-900a. I was using an older X-Note Rom and wanted to update my phone's firmware. I flashed it to the stock rom and now I can only boot into Safestrap. Is there anyway I can easily restore the device back to being functional? I can still see all my files on the device when using file manager on Safestrap, I just can't see the device on my computer.
I would just odin back to factory rom, that should get you back to the start....

 
nimixes
Old
#7  
nimixes's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 27
Posts: 124
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Riverside california
I would say take the SD card out and load the X note zip and wipe and reinstall. Then once you have a working phone try again this time may want to create a backup first

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
Dizzay D
Devices (in no specific order)
Samsung Captivate Glide -
Samsung Galaxy SII Skyrocket -

Motorola Atrix 4G -
LG Quantum -
Iphone 3G-
Iphon 2G-
Iphone 4-
Iphone 4s
HTC Tilt2-
HTC Touch-
Samsung Captivate-
HTC G1-
HTC Mogul-
Samsung Note

Galaxy Note 3 AT&T
 
Cbass15
Old
#8  
Cbass15's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 764
Posts: 1,399
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Franklin, OH
You probably used the wrong safestrap.

Sent from my SM-N900A using Tapatalk

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes