Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,739,607 Members 53,147 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Note 3 BRICKED even after Stock flash

Tip us?

crunchy_taco
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Question [Q] Note 3 BRICKED even after Stock flash

So Im going to start from the beginning. I have a Verizon Note 3 MJE, rooted with VROOT, cool now Im rooted.
Now i wanted a Custom Rom, So i downloaded Safestrap 3.64 and the Hyperdrive Rom. All good..
Go into the slots of Safestrap recovery create the partition, install HyperDrive and hit Reboot...
Phone reboots but the screen stays blank.. Go do my research and says wait 5-10 minutes after install for w.e reason..
20 minutes go by... go back into safestrap re do process... nothing again.. decided to go back to stock download all Safestraps and one by one start to install and uninstall trying to verify that i have installed the correct Safestrap for installing the Rom... (i know don't tell me Im an idiot but it made sense last night) nothing that i did work... so went back to stock JB 4.3 so now Im rooted as i began...
go into the Safestrap app and uninstall from recovery this one was Safestrap 3.71.. phone is working fine..
So I have no Safestrap im good... set my phone down to clean my car, the phone Wont turn on..
NOOOOOOOO, IDK for the life of me What happened... So i try every button possible, nothing! Recovery Nothing!!!
I plug it to charge it shows the pre charging battery then shuts and repeats...
figured let me try holding Down-Menu-Power while is doing that ... i get into Download mode, Not gonna lie i cried a little lol
Flashed the Stock Firmware 4.3 with the VZW note 3 32g PIT file... finishes ... Resets now Stuck on BOOTLOOP with the Custom Note 3 Splash screen and on top says Entering Recovery but never does... I Have Tried almost everything but hit it with a BAT!!! Can someone please help me...
and YES i took the battery out and put it back in

fletch33
Old
Thanks Meter 198
1. pull sd card
2. hold vol down, home, power to enter "download mode"
3. hit cancel and it should fire up

crunchy_taco
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by fletch33 View Post
1. pull sd card
2. hold vol down, home, power to enter "download mode"
3. hit cancel and it should fire up

The phone will only work if is plugged in to A\C OR computer usb..
I plug it in, the loading battery will pop up, turn off and then repeat.. the whole process takes about 3-4 secs..if unplugged wont do anything at all, when plugged into the computer it lets me access download mode but not recovery..
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1401424265925.jpg
Views:	64
Size:	233.3 KB
ID:	2770524  

barrackOBAMA
Old
Thanks Meter 222
Quote:
Originally Posted by crunchy_taco View Post
I plug it in, the loading battery will pop up, turn off and then repeat.. the whole process takes about 3-4 secs..if unplugged wont do anything at all, when plugged into the computer it lets me access download mode but not recovery..

Sent from my SM-N900V using XDA Free mobile app

I would try flashing the stock unrooted mje file by itself.

If you are in same boat then I would flash the pit file by itself. AFTER

All of which is done in odin.

mike7728
Old
Thanks Meter 26

DONATE TO ME
i 2nd that ^^^

crunchy_taco
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by mike7728 View Post
i 2nd that ^^^
Ok I will try that I soon as I get home I will let u guys know how it went
Thanks for all your help guys

donc113
Old
Thanks Meter 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by crunchy_taco View Post
To be honest...that sounds like a dead battery. You know someone else who has a note 3 you can test by trying their battery?

Sent from my Note 3 via Tapatalk

crunchy_taco
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by donc113 View Post
To be honest...that sounds like a dead battery. You know someone else who has a note 3 you can test by trying their battery?

Sent from my Note 3 via Tapatalk

I tried the battery on another note 3 and vise versa, I got it to go into recovery after flashing stock room at one point and full wiped factory reset it from recovery the fone reset twice and it booted to the welcome screen of picking language but shut off wont turn back on.. so square one again battery bootloop and note 3 bootloop when try to access recovery