Ask a question

No registration required

[Q] Nexus 7 Micro USB Frequently Disconnecting

OP Heretocracy

31st May 2014, 04:26 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

2 posts
I've had my Nexus 7 2013 for about half a year and it's had micro-usb issues for a month or so before this, but now it is completely impossible to transfer files or connect to my PC as a storage device. The charging icon will remain active, and it will charge, but it simply either doesn't register, or if I repeatedly insert the micro-USB, the "Connected as MTP" will pop up but quickly go away. My PC tries to install the driver but shortly closes after it registers that the tablet has disconnected.

It isn't the cord as I've tried it with multiple, so I'm moderately sure it's the tablet USB port. Is there any way I could fix this without having to get a replacement and if not, how do I go about replacing it?

Thanks in advance for any help. Anything is appreciated.
31st May 2014, 05:39 AM   |  #2  
Flag Ashton-under-Lyne, Manchester, UK
Thanks Meter: 401

663 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heretocracy

I've had my Nexus 7 2013 for about half a year and it's had micro-usb issues for a month or so before this, but now it is completely impossible to transfer files or connect to my PC as a storage device. The charging icon will remain active, and it will charge, but it simply either doesn't register, or if I repeatedly insert the micro-USB, the "Connected as MTP" will pop up but quickly go away. My PC tries to install the driver but shortly closes after it registers that the tablet has disconnected.

It isn't the cord as I've tried it with multiple, so I'm moderately sure it's the tablet USB port. Is there any way I could fix this without having to get a replacement and if not, how do I go about replacing it?

Thanks in advance for any help. Anything is appreciated.

Hi, Heretocracy...

This is the Nexus 7(2012) forum... so I suggest you post your question on the correct forum, located here...

http://forum.xda-developers.com/nexus-7-2013

The guys over there are probably better qualified to help you.

Good luck in getting your problem resolved.

Rgrds,
Ged.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread