°°° Empty Galaxy Rom°°°
- a debloated international rom.
- a few mods
- themed but not too far from stock
- post 2 old stuff, theme stuff
- post 3 for requested extras.
What to expect in the future EG
As I learn I'll add but anything in now has been tested and has proven to work without taking away from a stock rom feel.
For those who haven't taken note yet, we are very lucky to have some talented developers sitting on the s4.
Because of that I don't feel it necessary to rebloat the rom with mods most may not use or appreciate.
Need something added to the rom?
Throw out the request but if it exists in the forum already, I'll probably direct you to the existing post.
Thanks to @jrkruse
for his work on all his projects but mainly for the deodexed base he supplied for Empty Galaxy.
If you enjoy this rom please go thank him, I couldn't offer this without him.
link to jrkruse's builds for both SS and MDK bootloader with aroma
There you can also find some useful links and more info about this roms base.
- stock theme [improved settings icons, sec home icons & ime] /rc
- lots of apps removed /rc
- no on going 4g /rc
- carrier label removed on pull down /rc
- no on going ime switcher /rc
- blacked out noti bar in pull down /rc
- 4 way reboot menu /jrk
- 9 pages max on launcher /rc
- continuous rotation on launcher /rc
- usb connection sound removed /rc
- boot sound removed /rc
- call record /jrk
- jrkruse modded contacts
- added voice recorder to "apps in app drawer"
- talexop kernel
- ArchiDroid's init.d support
- Samsung boot animation /rc
- Changes from previous empty galaxy releases
*Google search added back to system apps
*Voice Recorder added
*Active apps widget added
*Digital clocks added
*No wallpaper scrolling
Apps In App Drawer On Start-Up
Apps added to data/app
MW Apps Manager
These are apps I use for best results in performance and looks.
Most apps listed can do a lot more than what I do with them.
*Wanam - lockscreen carrier remove, hide battery, hide + brightness slider, move clock left.
*Xui - battery bar, seconds enabled, xylon transitions.
*Dev Settings - transitions to .5
*Seeder - I believe.
*Cpu settings app- I use set cpu.
As far as I can tell everything that should be
-Upon initial install Picasa fails to sync.
I don't have a real fix, I just don't sync
One way or another I'm not able to do this without these guys
Donations are amazing but never expected.
Actually I'm generally quite surprised and genuinely grateful
Special thanks to
@xM Minton Mx
I'm pretty certain I'm forgetting no one but if I am let me know please
Empty Galaxy International NG2
Downloads & Instructions
1. Make sure to do a backup!
Instructions for MDK
1. Download rom and put on sdCard.
2. Boot into recovery
3. Wipe Caches [Wipe system and data if coming from another rom other than Empty Galaxy or a jrkruse international build]
4. Flash Rom
Instructions for Safe Strap
1. Reboot into Safestrap Recovery
2. Wipe... Advanced Wipe... everything except extSdCard
3. Install ROM
4. Install modules (to fix wifi)
5. Install supersu (to install supersu and modules)
Cont. for ATT USERS ONLY
7. During initial configuration, may have to connect to wifi to continue
8. Configure ATT APN settings
9. To enable voicemail shortcut on dialer, go to phone settings and change voicemail number from *86 to your number.
First boot instructions
1. Go through wizard [wifi also if available].
2. Reboot and let it sit until Play Store updates.
3. Start filling your galaxy.
- Safe Strap testing needed Please test
I've been told that if you know what you're doing it'll flash no prob. so, who'll be the one...
- tested successful MDK.
- vzw only, though you're welcome to test [please report]
I hope you enjoy as much as I enjoy sharing