Would the LG G4 Fare Well With The Snapdragon 808?

The LG G4 has a lot to prove, given that last year’s LG G3 was among the best … more

CyanogenMod 12.1 for Android One

Android One devices once again got a pretty stable release of Android 5.1. XDA Recognized … more

DexPatcher: Patch Android APKs Using Java

You’ve probably seen or installed modified applications, be it a patched dialer for your … more

Is Cloud Storage Ready to Replace External Storage?

With more and more OEMs ditching SD cards on their flagships, cloud storage is … more
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread

[Q] changing unofficially rom need help

28th May 2014, 12:26 PM |#1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 1
 
20 posts
Join Date:Joined: Mar 2014
Now i'm using CM11 but I wanna try RR Rom my question is
-Do I have to do the wipe data after flashing new rom using CWM ?
Thank you
28th May 2014, 01:59 PM |#2  
Kishan14's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag mumbai
Thanks Meter: 438
 
350 posts
Join Date:Joined: Nov 2013
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tampqq

Now i'm using CM11 but I wanna try RR Rom my question is
-Do I have to do the wipe data after flashing new rom using CWM ?
Thank you

Ya u should wipe... Dat will be better

Sent from my GT-I9082 using Tapatalk
30th May 2014, 09:46 AM |#3  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 3
 
197 posts
Join Date:Joined: Mar 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kishan14

Ya u should wipe... Dat will be better

Sent from my GT-I9082 using Tapatalk

Which back up to use rom manager or titanium back up, how to restore after flashing rom, bcoz whole rom will restore again please help

Sent from my GT-I9082 using Tapatalk
30th May 2014, 11:44 AM |#4  
sludge1121997's Avatar
Member
Flag Mumbai
Thanks Meter: 17
 
62 posts
Join Date:Joined: Nov 2013
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by doc_shri

Which back up to use rom manager or titanium back up, how to restore after flashing rom, bcoz whole rom will restore again please help

Sent from my GT-I9082 using Tapatalk

Titanium Backup is always preferable. Using Titanium Backup is easy. Just download it and still if you don't get it comment here. I'll guide you through.

🙏🙏Thank Me Up If I Help 🙏🙏
30th May 2014, 01:34 PM |#5  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 3
 
197 posts
Join Date:Joined: Mar 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by sludge1121997

Titanium Backup is always preferable. Using Titanium Backup is easy. Just download it and still if you don't get it comment here. I'll guide you through.

🙏🙏Thank Me Up If I Help 🙏🙏

I have titanium back up now on rrkk rom, after flashing cm11, if I restore previous rom there will be compatibility and fc issue

Sent from my GT-I9082 using Tapatalk
30th May 2014, 01:59 PM |#6  
jackeagle's Avatar
XDA: ASSIST
Recognized Contributor
Flag XDA
Thanks Meter: 2,940
 
1,309 posts
Join Date:Joined: Apr 2013
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tampqq

Now i'm using CM11 but I wanna try RR Rom my question is
-Do I have to do the wipe data after flashing new rom using CWM ?
Thank you

Hello....!
You can backup imp data using Titanium but if you backup apps and try to restore in different ROM you will face compatibility Issue and might get FC's....
31st May 2014, 01:29 AM |#7  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 3
 
197 posts
Join Date:Joined: Mar 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by jackeagle

Hello....!
You can backup imp data using Titanium but if you backup apps and try to restore in different ROM you will face compatibility Issue and might get FC's....

How to restore user apps and data only in new rom please tell detail steps

Sent from my GT-I9082 using Tapatalk
31st May 2014, 05:19 AM |#8  
jackeagle's Avatar
XDA: ASSIST
Recognized Contributor
Flag XDA
Thanks Meter: 2,940
 
1,309 posts
Join Date:Joined: Apr 2013
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by doc_shri

How to restore user apps and data only in new rom please tell detail steps

Sent from my GT-I9082 using Tapatalk

I don't recommend backing up and Restore method when you are on custom ROM...The thing is that Titanium Backup is only applicable for the ROM on which you have backup'd that is you cab Restore data and stuffs only on the ROM on Which You have backup'd earlier...Never Ever Restore the backup of 1 ROM to other ROM has it can cause system instability like FC's , Crash, Bootloop... It can cause the NEW ROM to lag and system might go very slow Even though if NEW ROM is fast and lagfree...

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes