Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,739,798 Members 48,878 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Facebook for Android switching from old layout to new and vice versa?

Tip us?

neverone
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Default Facebook for Android switching from old layout to new and vice versa?

I'm using Facebook for Android both on my phone and tablet.

Some time ago I applied for beta testers for Facebook Android app, and soon new version of Facebook app was out, with main difference that instead of three buttons in top bar there were now four, the left bar disappeared, and option to choose between top stories and most recent stories was gone. Also if I scrolled through news feed, and chose an external link, upon going back to Facebook, the app threw me at the top of the news feed.

This is just the tip of the iceberg, and saying that I wasn't pleased is an understatement.

So I got out of beta testers, uninstalled the app and via google play, I installed the standard app. The old layout and options were back UNTIL I turned off the app for a few hours. As soon as I opened it again, the new layout was back. Does ANYBODY have any idea why this happens? My girlfriend has the same app on SG4, with a screensize larger than on my phone, and with regular updates, she has the old layout from the begining?

Interestingly, if I force stop the app in app manager, the old layout returns, but only for a short time because if I leave the app, and open it again in a hour or so, the new layout returns.

Any help would be appreaciated. I would REALLY like the old layout back

tjthecat
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Red face marf

Just install apk from 4shared be sure to have unknown sources checked in settings