Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,741,535 Members 40,111 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

HDMI adapter cable for pro 10.1

Tip us?

mrphil101
Old
(Last edited by mrphil101; 8th June 2014 at 04:17 AM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 28
Default HDMI adapter cable for pro 10.1

I bought this hdmi cable from amazon: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
I hooked up the tab to the tv, cranked up netflix and nothing. I plugged in the power adapter and got a picture. So needs charger to plugged in to work. I wasn't real keen on the output, but was only testing for connectivity. Might come back and edit after I have chance to adjust settings.

Today, I plugged the cable into the second hdmi port on my tv and it does mirror the tab display. Good response time too.

The charger is necessary but it does not charge the Tab. Left it plugged in and battery was down to 38% before i noticed.
The Following User Says Thank You to mrphil101 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

burningstep
Old
Thanks Meter 3
Maybe a hardware error? Because under features it's described that it will charge your device...

Jerryo100
Old
Thanks Meter 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by burningstep View Post
Maybe a hardware error? Because under features it's described that it will charge your device...
Probably not a hardware error. I'm on my 3rd dongle that's supposed to charge your tablet while using connected devices. The latest is this one: http://www.amazon.com/E-More%C2%AE-M...TG+Card+Reader
Everything works except for charging the tablet. Have a red X on the charging symbol while the battery continues to drain. It does charge the tablet while it's off. I have a power hungry Tab Pro 12.2 that has trouble maintaining a charge while playing a couple games with the stock 2 amp charger. I'm beginning to think that none of the HDMI dongles out there are capable of delivering the current necessary to run the larger tablets.

burningstep
Old
Thanks Meter 3
Ah, I see. It's because not enough power through the micro usb. You need 2A but this adapter's only delivering 1A.

It seems, there a no adapters with 2A...

mrphil101
Old
(Last edited by mrphil101; 22nd June 2014 at 06:19 PM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 28
I have a ton of usb chargers gathered over the years. Largest i have is only 5.1 volts. Tab has a large output. Wonder if other devices could be damaged using it or is output regulated by draw of whatever it is attached to? At any rate, i don't think any of the dongles or otg cables have a power source other than what is supplied by the tabs adapter. So are you thinking it is an issue with the pin configuration on the adapter? It is a 11 pin connector. Sure wish there was 1 standard for everyone instead of everyone having their own.

Sent from my LG-D959 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

burningstep
Old
Thanks Meter 3
It's not limitated by the pins, there are just for more or less possibilities for an interchange (at least a salesman told me that). It's limited by the inside electronical components. Maybe anybody out there to explain it better or correct my words?