Backup+ Lets You Backup Your App Data on Android Lollipop

Even though Android 5.0 Lollipop hasn’t yet seen its official release, quite … more

TechTalk Compiles All the Android News You Need in One App

If you’re as obsessed with mobile devices as the vast majority of our forum … more

Android App Review: Google Inbox to Improve Your Life – XDA TV

Recently, Google+ exploded with the announcement of Google Inbox, as … more

Damp the LG G3 Thermal Throttling

As our mobile devices grow thinner and more powerfulwith each passing generation, it’s inevitable … more

HDMI adapter cable for pro 10.1

OP mrphil101

31st May 2014, 07:03 AM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Flag NPR, Florida
Thanks Meter: 29

255 posts
More
I bought this hdmi cable from amazon: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
I hooked up the tab to the tv, cranked up netflix and nothing. I plugged in the power adapter and got a picture. So needs charger to plugged in to work. I wasn't real keen on the output, but was only testing for connectivity. Might come back and edit after I have chance to adjust settings.

Today, I plugged the cable into the second hdmi port on my tv and it does mirror the tab display. Good response time too.

The charger is necessary but it does not charge the Tab. Left it plugged in and battery was down to 38% before i noticed.
Last edited by mrphil101; 8th June 2014 at 04:17 AM.
The Following User Says Thank You to mrphil101 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
21st June 2014, 11:04 AM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 3

31 posts
Maybe a hardware error? Because under features it's described that it will charge your device...
22nd June 2014, 05:06 AM   |  #3  
Thanks Meter: 5

35 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by burningstep

Maybe a hardware error? Because under features it's described that it will charge your device...

Probably not a hardware error. I'm on my 3rd dongle that's supposed to charge your tablet while using connected devices. The latest is this one: http://www.amazon.com/E-More%C2%AE-M...TG+Card+Reader
Everything works except for charging the tablet. Have a red X on the charging symbol while the battery continues to drain. It does charge the tablet while it's off. I have a power hungry Tab Pro 12.2 that has trouble maintaining a charge while playing a couple games with the stock 2 amp charger. I'm beginning to think that none of the HDMI dongles out there are capable of delivering the current necessary to run the larger tablets.
22nd June 2014, 07:32 AM   |  #4  

31 posts
Ah, I see. It's because not enough power through the micro usb. You need 2A but this adapter's only delivering 1A.

It seems, there a no adapters with 2A...
22nd June 2014, 06:13 PM   |  #5  
OP Senior Member
Flag NPR, Florida
Thanks Meter: 29

255 posts
More
I have a ton of usb chargers gathered over the years. Largest i have is only 5.1 volts. Tab has a large output. Wonder if other devices could be damaged using it or is output regulated by draw of whatever it is attached to? At any rate, i don't think any of the dongles or otg cables have a power source other than what is supplied by the tabs adapter. So are you thinking it is an issue with the pin configuration on the adapter? It is a 11 pin connector. Sure wish there was 1 standard for everyone instead of everyone having their own.

Sent from my LG-D959 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
Last edited by mrphil101; 22nd June 2014 at 06:19 PM.
3rd July 2014, 05:18 PM   |  #6  

31 posts
It's not limitated by the pins, there are just for more or less possibilities for an interchange (at least a salesman told me that). It's limited by the inside electronical components. Maybe anybody out there to explain it better or correct my words?
2nd October 2014, 08:21 AM   |  #7  
Thanks Meter: 17

76 posts
If I remember correctly (it's been a couple years since I tested it), my S3 required the Samsung charger + Samsung wire hooked up to the HDMI (I have the Samsung HDMI adapter) to charge the device while mirroring the screen. I tried it with a more powerful power adapter (2.1 amps vs Samsung 1.x amps) and generic wire but the phone would lose power over time. I could even charge the phone while mirroring if I used a generic Samsung wall charger and Samsung cord that was listed as 0.8 amps.
2nd October 2014, 09:49 AM   |  #8  
Thanks Meter: 1

13 posts
I bought the official Samsung one a few weeks ago and it is working fine, it also charges the device while using it but you have to connect a charger to the MHL-HDMI adapter.

Sadly I recently flashed CM11 on my TabPRO 10.1 and now the adapter doesn't work anymore. I get picture but no sound Was so happy about getting CM11 official on my device, but this feature is something I can't live without so I'm going to have to hop back to stockbased

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread