Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,742,650 Members 40,211 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] SlimKat: backup interface and navigation settings?

Tip us?
 
Jodes81
Old
#1  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 10
Join Date: May 2014
Default [Q] SlimKat: backup interface and navigation settings?

I have found myself resetting to factory default, and having to reconfigure the settings all the time, for example, in System Settings > Navigation > Navigation bar. Is there a way of backing these up, and restoring?
 
zelendel
Old
#2  
zelendel's Avatar
Moderator Committee - The Dark Knight
Thanks Meter 10835
Posts: 14,207
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Watching from the Shadows

 
DONATE TO ME
No. Due to restoring this type of settings could cause issues when the ROM is updated.





If hard work pays off then easy work is worthless
SearchFu
Never Ask someone to do something your not willing to at least try to do yourself.
"Gotham is the work of a madman"- NunHugger Current Nexus 5-12 Nightly


 
es0tericcha0s
Old
(Last edited by es0tericcha0s; 30th May 2014 at 09:57 PM.)
#3  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 461
Posts: 2,368
Join Date: May 2010

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by zelendel View Post
No. Due to restoring this type of settings could cause issues when the ROM is updated.
This is true, to some extent. However, both AOKP and Xenon HD have apps specifically built for backing up these kinds of settings.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...om.aokp.backup

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...om.xehd.backup


It might be more of a hassle than it's worth, depending on the rom source, phone, time, and all that, but you also can't so "No" so definitively, because it is possible. But Slim does not have this option.
Need some help, advice, something fixed? Hit me up on Hangouts @ es0tericcha0s and check out my site: http://mobilemojo5280.com for more info!


HTC Droid Eris / Motorola Droid / Samsung Galaxy S Fascinate / Motorola Droid X / LG G2x / HTC Evo 3D (x2) / Samsung Epic 4G Touch (Sprint S2) / HTC Amaze / Samsung Galaxy S3 (International) / Samsung Galaxy Note 2 / Nexus 4 / HTC One / Samsung Galaxy S4 / Sony Xperia ZL / Nexus 5 / ? (One+1 maybe...)
 
zelendel
Old
#4  
zelendel's Avatar
Moderator Committee - The Dark Knight
Thanks Meter 10835
Posts: 14,207
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Watching from the Shadows

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by es0tericcha0s View Post
This is true, to some extent. However, both AOKP and Xenon HD have apps specifically built for backing up these kinds of settings.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...om.aokp.backup

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...om.xehd.backup


It might be more of a hassle than it's worth, depending on the rom source, phone, time, and all that, but you also can't so "No" so definitively, because it is possible. But Slim does not have this option.
Oh I know and use those apps and even with them there are still issues if settings are restored and changes were made to the code. It worked 30% of the time at best.





If hard work pays off then easy work is worthless
SearchFu
Never Ask someone to do something your not willing to at least try to do yourself.
"Gotham is the work of a madman"- NunHugger Current Nexus 5-12 Nightly


 
es0tericcha0s
Old
#5  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 461
Posts: 2,368
Join Date: May 2010

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by zelendel View Post
Oh I know and use those apps and even with them there are still issues if settings are restored and changes were made to the code. It worked 30% of the time at best.
Well, it seems like that's not as common as you think, according to the reviews of both apps.
Need some help, advice, something fixed? Hit me up on Hangouts @ es0tericcha0s and check out my site: http://mobilemojo5280.com for more info!


HTC Droid Eris / Motorola Droid / Samsung Galaxy S Fascinate / Motorola Droid X / LG G2x / HTC Evo 3D (x2) / Samsung Epic 4G Touch (Sprint S2) / HTC Amaze / Samsung Galaxy S3 (International) / Samsung Galaxy Note 2 / Nexus 4 / HTC One / Samsung Galaxy S4 / Sony Xperia ZL / Nexus 5 / ? (One+1 maybe...)
 
zelendel
Old
#6  
zelendel's Avatar
Moderator Committee - The Dark Knight
Thanks Meter 10835
Posts: 14,207
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Watching from the Shadows

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by es0tericcha0s View Post
Well, it seems like that's not as common as you think, according to the reviews of both apps.
Might want to check the threads about it instead of trusting the app store reviews





If hard work pays off then easy work is worthless
SearchFu
Never Ask someone to do something your not willing to at least try to do yourself.
"Gotham is the work of a madman"- NunHugger Current Nexus 5-12 Nightly


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


TRENDING IN THEMER...