Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,728,429 Members 53,493 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Play Music --> HTC Music App

Tip us?

TheEmpyre
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 54
Default [Q] Play Music --> HTC Music App

Hi all. Quick question:

I have google play all access, and I have stored the music locally on my device. I was wondering if there is a way to get all of my google play music files to play through the HTC Music app. Reason being, I want to install the Harmon-Kardon edition mod, but looks like the most benefit comes from using the HTC Music app. Does anyone know how I might go about sourcing all the google play files onto the HTC Music app?

Stock rooted, S-OFF, with latest OTA

Thanks!
The Dark Ages:

iPhone
iPhone 3G
iPhone 3GS
iPhone 4

The Revolution:

HTC One X (Sold)
Samsung Galaxy s4 (Sold)

Current: HTC One M8

GSLEON3
Old
Retired Senior Moderator
Thanks Meter 1312

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheEmpyre View Post
Hi all. Quick question:

I have google play all access, and I have stored the music locally on my device. I was wondering if there is a way to get all of my google play music files to play through the HTC Music app. Reason being, I want to install the Harmon-Kardon edition mod, but looks like the most benefit comes from using the HTC Music app. Does anyone know how I might go about sourcing all the google play files onto the HTC Music app?

Stock rooted, S-OFF, with latest OTA

Thanks!
The Harmon Kardon mod is really about enhancing compressed music, though it also supports 192khz via flac's, but you are asking about Play Music, which is compressed, even at high quality. The bottom line is that the mod works on all music apps, from Spotify, to Google Play Music exactly the same as it does for the HTC Music app. Technically, you can play the G Play music mp3's on any player, if you are rooted. You just need to move them to another folder. The down side is that the G Play app names all of the songs numerically, like 7483.mp3, so in the end, you are better off just using whatever music app you normally use.
Ingress Resistance - Rainbow6

Click HERE to buy me a cheeseburger if I helped you! Or even better, find a charity or local family fighting childhood cancer & help out however you can!

A brief & incomplete timeline of my love affair with mobile technology:

The Following User Says Thank You to GSLEON3 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Tower1972
Old
Thanks Meter 150
another thing you can do is go into your default.xml file and edit the line pertaining to music channel (turning it on the rebooting, making sure the change has been saved). This allows me to play my playlists off Google music with the HTC player features, giving me access to the visualizer, lyrics (when applicable) etc, and the HK mod icons are active

Soon as I start a song, I get a notification that Music Channel is available, I click the notification and there it is
AT&T HTC One M8 ex-Harmon Kardon edition!
ARHD 9.1 Cupcake 1.6!!
Rooted, bootloader unlocked, SuperCID
TWRP 2.7.1.0

Every once in awhile I manage to spew forth a nugget of truth, so hitting the thanks tab is much appreciated!