Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,728,959 Members 44,998 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Does anyone like the official KK?

Tip us?

Unhived__Mind
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 111
Default Does anyone like the official KK?

Anyone with the OTA enjoy the KK?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using XDA Free mobile app

brett_day
Old
Thanks Meter 57
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unhived__Mind View Post
Anyone with the OTA enjoy the KK?

Of couse, its runs well, there is nothing wrong with it. The Galaxy Note 3 is a beast of a device, root or not. I got my Note with KK pre-installed and while I want root, the device hasn't missed a beat so far, everything runs smoothly.
Current Phone - AT&T Motorola Moto X 16GB - Stock

Current Tablet Google Nexus 7 2013 FLO 32GB - Clean Rom v2.7

Previously Owned

Two soup cans and a string, Galaxy Note 3 HTC One, HTC One X HTC HD2, MyTouch 3G, MyTouch 4G, iPhone 3gs, iPhone 4S, HTC One S, Nokia Lumia 900, HTC HD7, Samsung Galaxy Note, HTC Hero (intl version), Atrix HD, Lumia 920, Lumia 820, S3, S4

Face_Plant
Old
Thanks Meter 119
Yes and no. Yes because I like the plain white status bar icons. No because I can't root, I can't use third party apps to write to the external SD card, and after downgrading to KitKat it has erased my external SD card twice.

crxlvr
Old
Thanks Meter 15
i have had no issues with the ota rom, and from my kingo rooted, no rom'd jelly bean, my battery life is minimum 50% better on the OTA KK

kangi26
Old
Retired Forum Moderator
Thanks Meter 1437
KK has been running fantastic for me. I never run the stock launcher so really for me the ONLY thing I wish I was able to do is run Xposed modules Wanam to change a few visual items. But performance wise? ZERO issues at all. Battery life is excellent for me(Please remember thats VERY subjective)

srtpusher
Old
Thanks Meter 11
My battery life went down. I am in the process of backing up all my settings to do a hard reset. The phonehas also started to hang when waking up from screen off.

Gary02468
Old
Thanks Meter 48
I'm pleased with 4.4.2. It fixed my GPS and video problems. The phone's performance (including battery life) is about the same or slightly better than before the update. It's been very stable. No problems with using my (64GB) microSD card (encrypted).

lildoggs
Old
Thanks Meter 76
I love the official kitkat because it's soooo smooth, but I miss having the freedom of changing things around a bit. But I still think my battery life was a bit better with jellybean. I use to get 6 hours screen time as with the ota kitkat only giving me 5 hour's. I guess I have to take the good with the bad.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

orlzzt
Old
Thanks Meter 1657
So is there any chance of anyone achieving root on the official KK?
Questions? Most answers can be found HERE

"I repeat... that all power is a trust; that we are accountable for its exercise; that from the people and for the people all springs, and all must exist."
Benjamin Disraeli

Face_Plant
Old
Thanks Meter 119
I think there is a chance. I bet we'll have root again sometime between now and the end of the year.