Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,768,845 Members 50,771 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Q How to change wifi mac address

Tip us?

eksen
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 9
Default Q How to change wifi mac address

I'm using windows phone 8.1 lumia 1320 models. Wifi How do I need to change the mac address
HTC ONE Turkey
ROM: Eragon 17 (the best)

GoodDayToDie
Old
Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter 2677
To the best of my knowledge, you don't. That's not a thing you're even *supposed* to be able to do; there's basically no legit use for it except for certain types of security testing, and if that was your goal you bought entirely the wrong phone for the purpose. It might be possible - I've never tried - on an interop-unlocked phone, but unless Nokia is including very odd features in their OEM applications you're out of luck.

You could try running your requests through a PC (use a proxy server or set up the PC as a WiFi hotspot) and use the various driver tricks to change the MAC address on the PC, I guess?
Win8/Windows RT projects:
List of desktop apps for hacked RT devices

WP8 projects:
Native Access WebServer and Libraries
WP8 Interop Unlocks
Storage Cleanup tool

WP7 projects:
XapHandler, Root Webserver, OEM Marketplace XAPs, Bookmarklets collection (Find On Page), Interop-unlock hacks.

Do not private message me with questions that should have been posted on the forum! Not only are you wasting your time - I'm not going to bother writing an answer to such a question for only one person - but I will probably block you from PMing me in the future as well.
The Following User Says Thank You to GoodDayToDie For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

lukas_ita
Old
Thanks Meter 3
You can't...it is saved into the rom of your wireless card of your phone. It is impossible with every device in the world

eksen
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 9
No, I could not tell you exactly. I want to change the mac address so fake. Previously I was using android and "wifi mac address changer" There was an application named. I currently do not have such an application in Windows phones.
HTC ONE Turkey
ROM: Eragon 17 (the best)

GoodDayToDie
Old
Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter 2677
I'm guessing that app required a rooted phone? Not (yet) possible on WP8.
Win8/Windows RT projects:
List of desktop apps for hacked RT devices

WP8 projects:
Native Access WebServer and Libraries
WP8 Interop Unlocks
Storage Cleanup tool

WP7 projects:
XapHandler, Root Webserver, OEM Marketplace XAPs, Bookmarklets collection (Find On Page), Interop-unlock hacks.

Do not private message me with questions that should have been posted on the forum! Not only are you wasting your time - I'm not going to bother writing an answer to such a question for only one person - but I will probably block you from PMing me in the future as well.