Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,730,761 Members 41,801 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[ND8] TW 5X4 SecLauncher2 [deodex]

Tip us?

Chad The Pathfinder
Old
(Last edited by Chad The Pathfinder; 16th July 2014 at 11:51 AM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1970
Default [ND8] TW 5X4 SecLauncher2 [deodex]

I've moded the ND8 SecLauncher2.apk to have 5 rows down and 4 accross. DL HERE if you like.

Extra:

I've also found that we can use the modded SecLauncher3.apks from the S4 I found HERE as well. BUT they are flashing to the system/app folder which doesn't work. What I did was extract the apk from the zip and with es file explorer pasted it into system/priv-app, set perms to rw.r.r renamed the SecLauncher2.apk to SecLauncher2.apk.bak and rebooted. If there is more interest in this I'll get with the original dev and ask if I can make flashables for our device here so it'll be easier.

Disclaimer: Flash/Use at your own risk!
*It is important to note that there may be additional issues I don't know about and as I am a truck driver, not a programmer I may or may not be able to fix things.
Everyone is encouraged to do what ever you like with anything I post, but a little credit would be appreciated.
I'm a padawan with no master.
The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to Chad The Pathfinder For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

prboy1969
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 6572
Nice work
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to prboy1969 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Thebear j koss
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 9099
So much better. Always hated the padding at the bottom of the stock launcher. Been using a modded seclauncher2 from the int'l s3 for over a year now just because of that unused gap... very nice job.

Thebe@r'$ G@L@XY- I hate Google.

Thebe@r'$ G@L@XY I represent the worst in man...
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Thebear j koss For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Chad The Pathfinder
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1970
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thebear j koss View Post
So much better. Always hated the padding at the bottom of the stock launcher. Been using a modded seclauncher2 from the int'l s3 for over a year now just because of that unused gap... very nice job.

Thebe@r'$ G@L@XY- I hate Google.
Thanks. I've hated the gap too! Since 4.4.2 dropped I've been trying to figure out how to do all of my favorite mods. This was a fun find. Now if we can figure out the battery icon and how to port the keyboard so we can have the extra number row. I can't tell you how much time I've spent learning what doesn't work to change them.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Chad The Pathfinder For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

talkingmonkeys
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 1227

DONATE TO ME
Thanks Chad just jumped to an ND8 port on att and I needed this. I'll ask enewman17 about the keyboard. I'll update the aosp mms later today too if its not working
The Following User Says Thank You to talkingmonkeys For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Chad The Pathfinder
Old
(Last edited by Chad The Pathfinder; 18th May 2014 at 04:37 PM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1970
Quote:
Originally Posted by talkingmonkeys View Post
Thanks Chad just jumped to an ND8 port on att and I needed this. I'll ask enewman17 about the keyboard. I'll update the aosp mms later today too if its not working
I saw that there was a port over there. :thumbup: @enewman17 is the person I got the keyboard from in the past so if he would be willing to help us out, that would be awesome. I haven't tried aosp mms yet. Lots to do over here.

joaranna
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Thanks @chad The Pathfinder! This is great! I'm on a stock deodexed, deknoxed, debloated and modded ND8 rom. I finally have the "proper" IMHO 😁 screen room for my home screens. Working great and Loving it! Thanks again!

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk
The Following User Says Thank You to joaranna For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

ghostshel
Old
Thanks Meter 80
Thanks, Chad.
Got some breathing room now..
The Following User Says Thank You to ghostshel For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

matrixzone
Old
Thanks Meter 733
Excellent work

Sent from my kd2att using Tapatalk
If this is helpful or useful, please hit "Thanks" and its free

The Following User Says Thank You to matrixzone For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]