Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,736,222 Members 45,402 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Help on the order of rooting, unlocking, and backup DRM Keys

Tip us?

tyeken8
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Exclamation [Q] Help on the order of rooting, unlocking, and backup DRM Keys

Hi all,

I'm getting my new Xperia Z2 (SO-03F) from DoCoMo. It's great but I cannot bear it without root.

After I Googled a ton and read many posts on xda, I finally knew these things:

1. root requires unlock (currently)
2. unlock will lose DRM keys (unless backing up them)
3. backup DRM keys needs root

So I'm falling in an infinite loop. How to root my device WITHOUT lossing DRM Keys? Maybe an root exploit should be found for us to backup TA before unlocking?

I think we should make a HOWTO guide of all the procedures, for the newbies (like me

Thx all.

nreuge
Old
Thanks Meter 567

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by tyeken8 View Post
How to root my device WITHOUT lossing DRM Keys? Maybe an root exploit should be found for us to backup TA before unlocking?
For the moment, no way to root without lossing DRM Keys. Maybe an root exploit will be found to backup TA before unlocking, but we don't know it for sure and when...

All you need to know is here.
The Following User Says Thank You to nreuge For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

tyeken8
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by nreuge View Post
For the moment, no way to root without lossing DRM Keys. Maybe an root exploit will be found to backup TA before unlocking, but we don't know it for sure and when...

All you need to know is here.

Thank you for reply.

BTW, my phone shows "Bootloader Unlock Allowed: No", can I still unlock it using FlashTool?

se1000
Old
Thanks Meter 190
Quote:
Thank you for reply.

BTW, my phone shows "Bootloader Unlock Allowed: No", can I still unlock it using FlashTool?
currently no

pacomicro
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
How to root my device WITHOUT lossing DRM Keys? Maybe an root exploit should be found for us to backup TA before unlocking?

I think we should make a HOWTO guide of all the procedures, for the newbies (like me

Thx all.
I leave this link which tells you how to do it, although it is in Spanish, you can I use a translator .sorry due the forum rules I can not post links.

1-go to "htcmania" (spanish forum)>Sony Xperia Z1>ROMS y desarrollo Xperia Z1>/showthread.php?t=746342

Although this tutorial is for z1, z2 serves well for