Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

[Q] I cannot find my Mobile Hotspot icon anymore (VS980 24A KK)

OP ubiquitous26

19th April 2014, 06:33 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Flag Los Angeles
Thanks Meter: 1

16 posts
More
I updated to KK yesterday, kept the root and everything, but when I downloaded (from http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2456338) and and inserted the Hotspotprovisions and removed the odex files from the system/app/, the Mobile Hotspot app dissapeared and I can no longer start up the app. I looked into titanium backup and it wasn't listed anywhere there, its as if the app is just gone without the trace, even though in the system/app/ folder I moved all the original files back into the place!

Please help
19th May 2014, 07:48 PM   |  #2  
Flag Wooster
Thanks Meter: 7

51 posts
More
Unfortunately, I've been looking for a solution to this as well.

Same scenario: backed up/renamed original APK/Odex files and replaced with the single APK. The Mobile Hotspot app no longer appears in my application list. Looking in Settings/Application Manager/All also produces no listings for the Hotspot app or provisioning.

I found the original APK's and placed them in system/app, but still have not been able to restore even the original VZW tethering functionality.

Any help or suggestions on this would be greatly appreciated.
31st May 2014, 11:10 AM   |  #3  
Flag Richland, WA
Thanks Meter: 7

31 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ctyonthehil

Unfortunately, I've been looking for a solution to this as well.

Same scenario: backed up/renamed original APK/Odex files and replaced with the single APK. The Mobile Hotspot app no longer appears in my application list. Looking in Settings/Application Manager/All also produces no listings for the Hotspot app or provisioning.

I found the original APK's and placed them in system/app, but still have not been able to restore even the original VZW tethering functionality.

Any help or suggestions on this would be greatly appreciated.

Well, I don't know what to do to fix this problem but here are the original 24a files for the provision apk and odex. Hopefully they help:

https://mega.co.nz/#!iABUgLxD!W2q5zs...wVEOwNFzQp4VCU

EDIT: permissions are rw-rw----
Last edited by QuintonS; 31st May 2014 at 11:13 AM.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread