Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,732,778 Members 51,956 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] I cannot find my Mobile Hotspot icon anymore (VS980 24A KK)

Tip us?

ubiquitous26
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Default [Q] I cannot find my Mobile Hotspot icon anymore (VS980 24A KK)

I updated to KK yesterday, kept the root and everything, but when I downloaded (from http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2456338) and and inserted the Hotspotprovisions and removed the odex files from the system/app/, the Mobile Hotspot app dissapeared and I can no longer start up the app. I looked into titanium backup and it wasn't listed anywhere there, its as if the app is just gone without the trace, even though in the system/app/ folder I moved all the original files back into the place!

Please help

ctyonthehil
Old
Thanks Meter 7
Unfortunately, I've been looking for a solution to this as well.

Same scenario: backed up/renamed original APK/Odex files and replaced with the single APK. The Mobile Hotspot app no longer appears in my application list. Looking in Settings/Application Manager/All also produces no listings for the Hotspot app or provisioning.

I found the original APK's and placed them in system/app, but still have not been able to restore even the original VZW tethering functionality.

Any help or suggestions on this would be greatly appreciated.
Current Device: LG G2 (vs980) | ROM: Stock Rooted 4.4.2

D1 | Inc. | DX | Inc. 2 | Bionic | Lucid | Spectrum | Razr | Galaxy Nexus | Galaxy S3 | Razr HD | Inc4G | DNA | Galaxy S4 | Maxx HD | HTC One

QuintonS
Old
(Last edited by QuintonS; 31st May 2014 at 10:13 AM.)
Thanks Meter 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by ctyonthehil View Post
Unfortunately, I've been looking for a solution to this as well.

Same scenario: backed up/renamed original APK/Odex files and replaced with the single APK. The Mobile Hotspot app no longer appears in my application list. Looking in Settings/Application Manager/All also produces no listings for the Hotspot app or provisioning.

I found the original APK's and placed them in system/app, but still have not been able to restore even the original VZW tethering functionality.

Any help or suggestions on this would be greatly appreciated.
Well, I don't know what to do to fix this problem but here are the original 24a files for the provision apk and odex. Hopefully they help:

https://mega.co.nz/#!iABUgLxD!W2q5zs...wVEOwNFzQp4VCU

EDIT: permissions are rw-rw----
AMD FX-8320 @4.5GHz | AMD Radeon HD 7870 @1.2GHz | 2x4GB DDR3 | 2x1TB HDD
Verizon LG G2 Stock ROM; Rooted; Verizon Hotspot Fixed Provisioning