OP Recognized Contributor
Flag XDA
Thanks Meter: 2,217

1,088 posts
Donate to Me
More
Tip On Battery Drain
Hello Everyone...
Most of us move to Custom Romís For various purposes it can be new features, Andriod Upgrades etc But the most common is reason is battery backup which is poor in Stock when Compared to Custom ROMís.
There are actually 2 ways by which we check battery Stats :
1) Stock Battery Monitor
2) 3rd party App
And we note down the battery performance for hours or a day.
Some people feel that your device is not yielding good battery just because the battery monitor stats show it, you might be wrong in your judgement as most such apps sometimes lie to us.
Remember that with any new ROM is installed on your Android device, you will (In some cases may not) discover battery drain. And these issues for the most part are due to process of your phoneís new software and battery sync.Remember whenever you Install new ROM your device and its hardware will try to adjust to software has well has your battery too which is called caliberation.
It usually requires 3-4 full-charge and discharge cycles before things go to a normal state and Exact battery backup information is known.after this, you will notice great improvement in battery performance. So, do not be quick in concluding anything about battery.
Let the battery calibrate and while you wait try one more thing. Avoid putting your device into charging mode frequently. Turn off the phone, plug charger, wait till it is fully charged and never use mobile while charging since it Reduces battery life has it charges has well has discharges too. Then use it till it is fully discharged. Repeating this several times will improve the battery-life of your device. I have tested it and it really works.

Hope This Helps You All...
Any More Suggestion Feel Free to post in Reply Section.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jackeagle For This Useful Post: [ View ]
31st May 2014, 11:11 AM   |  #2  
Flag Bhubaneswar
Thanks Meter: 105

292 posts
+1....has always been on stock cable and adapter....and has tried not to charge the battery unless it is around 30-35 %. Once in amonth, i do a complete discharge and charge.

Has installed only required apps to be used regularly.( thats personal choice though ).

so yes till now my battery performance has been very good.....

On RR 5.1.3 with nebula kernel 3.12..dalvik runtime....
The Following User Says Thank You to skpadhi79 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread