Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,811,847 Members 53,056 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Downgraded from NC5 to MK2 and rooted, now no sound and phone app slow/crashes

Tip us?

emTr0
Old
(Last edited by emTr0; 31st May 2014 at 05:53 AM.)
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0

DONATE TO ME
Question Downgraded from NC5 to MK2 and rooted, now no sound and phone app slow/crashes

Hello.

I followed the instructions here http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...29&postcount=1 to downgrade from NC5 to MK2 and then rooted.

After all was done, rooted and booted, my sound doesn't work, the phone call app lags big time and/or crashes, and I can't do speech-to-text for messaging cause mic won't activate (says can't reach Google but I have Internet connection).

I already tried clearing cache partition.

I'm unclear on how to flash fixes with safestrap or if that's even a solution. Any help is appreciated and thanked.

Thanks!

pRo_lama
Old
Thanks Meter 223

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by emTr0 View Post
Hello.

I followed the instructions here http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...29&postcount=1 to downgrade from NC5 to MK2 and then rooted.

After all was done, rooted and booted, my sound doesn't work, the phone call app lags big time and/or crashes, and I can't do speech-to-text for messaging cause mic won't activate (says can't reach Google but I have Internet connection).

I already tried clearing cache partition.

I'm unclear on how to flash fixes with safestrap or if that's even a solution. Any help is appreciated and thanked.

Thanks!
Did you flash fixed kernel ?
fqf

# LG G3 (32GB): stock ROM (V10h-EUR-XX) - rooted
# Google Nexus 7 (2013): OmniROM 4.4.4 - unlocked bootloader - rooted
# Samsung Gear Fit (SM-R350): R350XXU0BNE5 - black/orange strap - GFM v1.67.0523
The Following User Says Thank You to pRo_lama For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

emTr0
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0

DONATE TO ME
Not sure about the kernel but I figured it out. I skipped optional step because I thought it was optional. It wasn't. I flashed nc2 modem hlos file and that fixed sound, phone app and mic for messaging.

New issue now though. WiFi doesn't work. I tried flashing bypass as it said in thread but no joy.

Thanks.

pRo_lama
Old
Thanks Meter 223

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Not sure about the kernel but I figured it out. I skipped optional step because I thought it was optional. It wasn't. I flashed nc2 modem hlos file and that fixed sound, phone app and mic for messaging.

New issue now though. WiFi doesn't work. I tried flashing bypass as it said in thread but no joy.

Thanks.
You have version form Verizon so I'm not sure about this kernel, but in every tutorial for downgrade we have this kernel which fix sound and wifi.
fqf

# LG G3 (32GB): stock ROM (V10h-EUR-XX) - rooted
# Google Nexus 7 (2013): OmniROM 4.4.4 - unlocked bootloader - rooted
# Samsung Gear Fit (SM-R350): R350XXU0BNE5 - black/orange strap - GFM v1.67.0523

Joku1981
Old
Thanks Meter 554

DONATE TO ME
Quote:

Thanks.
What ****ing mania of downgrade! Flash android 4.4.2 again and bye bye problems.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
CLICK "THANKS" BUTTON IF I HELPED YA

AEkiz
Old
(Last edited by AEkiz; 31st May 2014 at 11:02 AM.)
Thanks Meter 9
not just their obsession they hope to get rid of Knox but will not succeed. the only option is to make that be replaced motherboard with warranty in Samsung service centre