Regain Double Tap to Wake Functionality on the Nexus 6

A few months ago, Google announced its newest flagship device, the Nexus 6, alongside … more

Clean Your Recent Apps – XDA Xposed Tuesday

In this day and age, you have quite a few apps installed and running on your Android … more

Android Studio Reaches Release Candidate Status

Android app developers have a few options when comes to Android IDEs. One of the most … more

Connect ALL THE THINGS with Xender

Smartphones, with all of their all connectivity options courtesy of OEMs, can easily connect themselves … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

Downgraded from NC5 to MK2 and rooted, now no sound and phone app slow/crashes

OP emTr0

31st May 2014, 06:49 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Flag San Diego, CA
Thanks Meter: 0

8 posts
Donate to Me
More
Hello.

I followed the instructions here http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...29&postcount=1 to downgrade from NC5 to MK2 and then rooted.

After all was done, rooted and booted, my sound doesn't work, the phone call app lags big time and/or crashes, and I can't do speech-to-text for messaging cause mic won't activate (says can't reach Google but I have Internet connection).

I already tried clearing cache partition.

I'm unclear on how to flash fixes with safestrap or if that's even a solution. Any help is appreciated and thanked.

Thanks!
Last edited by emTr0; 31st May 2014 at 06:53 AM.
31st May 2014, 08:55 AM   |  #2  
Flag Ružomberok
Thanks Meter: 252

1,095 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by emTr0

Hello.

I followed the instructions here http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...29&postcount=1 to downgrade from NC5 to MK2 and then rooted.

After all was done, rooted and booted, my sound doesn't work, the phone call app lags big time and/or crashes, and I can't do speech-to-text for messaging cause mic won't activate (says can't reach Google but I have Internet connection).

I already tried clearing cache partition.

I'm unclear on how to flash fixes with safestrap or if that's even a solution. Any help is appreciated and thanked.

Thanks!

Did you flash fixed kernel ?
The Following User Says Thank You to pRo_lama For This Useful Post: [ View ]
31st May 2014, 09:01 AM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member
Flag San Diego, CA
Thanks Meter: 0

8 posts
Donate to Me
More
Not sure about the kernel but I figured it out. I skipped optional step because I thought it was optional. It wasn't. I flashed nc2 modem hlos file and that fixed sound, phone app and mic for messaging.

New issue now though. WiFi doesn't work. I tried flashing bypass as it said in thread but no joy.

Thanks.
31st May 2014, 09:05 AM   |  #4  
Flag Ružomberok
Thanks Meter: 252

1,095 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:

Not sure about the kernel but I figured it out. I skipped optional step because I thought it was optional. It wasn't. I flashed nc2 modem hlos file and that fixed sound, phone app and mic for messaging.

New issue now though. WiFi doesn't work. I tried flashing bypass as it said in thread but no joy.

Thanks.

You have version form Verizon so I'm not sure about this kernel, but in every tutorial for downgrade we have this kernel which fix sound and wifi.
31st May 2014, 11:39 AM   |  #5  
Thanks Meter: 569

1,843 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:

Thanks.

What ****ing mania of downgrade! Flash android 4.4.2 again and bye bye problems.
31st May 2014, 11:58 AM   |  #6  
Thanks Meter: 9

29 posts
More
not just their obsession they hope to get rid of Knox but will not succeed. the only option is to make that be replaced motherboard with warranty in Samsung service centre
Last edited by AEkiz; 31st May 2014 at 12:02 PM.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread