Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,783,129 Members 45,707 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

N00b question, easy!

Tip us?

rawkinrich
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default N00b question, easy!

Hi all,

I have an HTC One X locked to Vodafone. I am going to get it unlocked and throw in a Three SIM.

My question is: how to I get rid of the Vodafone branding and bloat, and start-a-fresh (wipe the phone)?

Thanks chaps,
Richard

lukes91
Old
Thanks Meter 1,025

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by rawkinrich View Post
Hi all,

I have an HTC One X locked to Vodafone. I am going to get it unlocked and throw in a Three SIM.

My question is: how to I get rid of the Vodafone branding and bloat, and start-a-fresh (wipe the phone)?

Thanks chaps,
Richard
so you basically want to flash a new rom getting rid of all the bloats and so on, right? if i'm right, head over some rom threads, read every rom feature and flash it following the instructions in the op if you need help pm me
HTC One M8 - HBOOT 3.18 S-OFF - TWRP 2.7.1.0 - ViperOneM8 - ElementalX - H/K - V4A
HTC One X - HBoot 1.39 - Philz 5.15.9 - ViperX 4.1.1

Did I help you? Hit THANKS

rawkinrich
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by lukes91 View Post
so you basically want to flash a new rom getting rid of all the bloats and so on, right? if i'm right, head over some rom threads, read every rom feature and flash it following the instructions in the op if you need help pm me
If flashing a new rom gets rid of the branding too, yes I'd also like to start the phone from fresh too.

Can you recommend any with very straight forward instructions?

Many thanks

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk

lukes91
Old
(Last edited by lukes91; 31st May 2014 at 11:52 AM.)
Thanks Meter 1,025

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by rawkinrich View Post
If flashing a new rom gets rid of the branding too, yes I'd also like to start the phone from fresh too.

Can you recommend any with very straight forward instructions?

Many thanks

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk
well, i can tell you that there is plenty of rom, some more similar to stock and some more tweaked... for example i love ViperX, as it's full of useful tweaks
to flash: unlock bootloader, flash a custom recovery via fastboot, perform nandroid backup, flash boot.img form rom zip via fastboot and flash the rom zip through recovery, enjoy (more detailed infos can be found in every rom thread's op)
check in the rom thread everything you need, for example if the hboot version/cid is compatible and search/ask there if you need infos have a nice flash
HTC One M8 - HBOOT 3.18 S-OFF - TWRP 2.7.1.0 - ViperOneM8 - ElementalX - H/K - V4A
HTC One X - HBoot 1.39 - Philz 5.15.9 - ViperX 4.1.1

Did I help you? Hit THANKS