N00b question, easy!

OP rawkinrich

30th May 2014, 02:12 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

3 posts
Hi all,

I have an HTC One X locked to Vodafone. I am going to get it unlocked and throw in a Three SIM.

My question is: how to I get rid of the Vodafone branding and bloat, and start-a-fresh (wipe the phone)?

Thanks chaps,
Richard
30th May 2014, 02:58 PM   |  #2  
Flag Somewhere Over The Rainbow
Thanks Meter: 1,067

1,851 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by rawkinrich

Hi all,

I have an HTC One X locked to Vodafone. I am going to get it unlocked and throw in a Three SIM.

My question is: how to I get rid of the Vodafone branding and bloat, and start-a-fresh (wipe the phone)?

Thanks chaps,
Richard

so you basically want to flash a new rom getting rid of all the bloats and so on, right? if i'm right, head over some rom threads, read every rom feature and flash it following the instructions in the op if you need help pm me
30th May 2014, 08:27 PM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

3 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by lukes91

so you basically want to flash a new rom getting rid of all the bloats and so on, right? if i'm right, head over some rom threads, read every rom feature and flash it following the instructions in the op if you need help pm me

If flashing a new rom gets rid of the branding too, yes I'd also like to start the phone from fresh too.

Can you recommend any with very straight forward instructions?

Many thanks

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk
31st May 2014, 11:49 AM   |  #4  
Flag Somewhere Over The Rainbow
Thanks Meter: 1,067

1,851 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by rawkinrich

If flashing a new rom gets rid of the branding too, yes I'd also like to start the phone from fresh too.

Can you recommend any with very straight forward instructions?

Many thanks

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk

well, i can tell you that there is plenty of rom, some more similar to stock and some more tweaked... for example i love ViperX, as it's full of useful tweaks
to flash: unlock bootloader, flash a custom recovery via fastboot, perform nandroid backup, flash boot.img form rom zip via fastboot and flash the rom zip through recovery, enjoy (more detailed infos can be found in every rom thread's op)
check in the rom thread everything you need, for example if the hboot version/cid is compatible and search/ask there if you need infos have a nice flash
Last edited by lukes91; 31st May 2014 at 11:52 AM.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread