Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

[REQUEST] Stereo speakers when incoming call.

OP DennisDD78

21st May 2014, 01:57 AM   |  #11  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 46

318 posts
olokos, what do you think, what percentage of a boost increase is more or less safety for the speaker ? 15-20% maybe ?
21st May 2014, 03:07 AM   |  #12  
OP Senior Member

318 posts
olokos, what do you think, the sound profile when call uses the same algorithm as a sound profile in walkman or not ? It ssems to me that sound on call and sound in walkman is slightly different, or am i wrong ? Clearaudio+ is on the both profiles.
21st May 2014, 07:02 AM   |  #13  
Thanks Meter: 62

356 posts
Audio
can i use this mod on a non rooted phone? My bootloader is locked by Bell pos and i really want this mod lol
21st May 2014, 08:47 AM   |  #14  
OP Senior Member

318 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teknohtc

can i use this mod on a non rooted phone? My bootloader is locked by Bell pos and i really want this mod lol

Only if you`ll get the root without bootloader unlocking.
21st May 2014, 11:00 AM   |  #15  
Flag Toulouse
Thanks Meter: 807

1,084 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by olokos

Try this. It should play the ringtone when you're getting a call with both speakers now. What boost in percentage would you suggest? I don't have the Z2, just the Z1 so I can't test this by myself.
As always - You're doing it at your own risk.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DennisDD78

Oh ,man, it`s working!!! Awesome, finally both speakers when incoming call!
Thank you very very much, bro! Now THIS IS THE PHONE!!
Aahhh!!!

About the boost, well, i don`t know, now the volume level is fine for me with 2 speakers, and i`m afraid to get the levels higher, to not to damage the speakers, i don`t reaaly know which levels are safe to increase....

I think that 30% speaker volume boost is safe, but not more. I remind that Zeroinfinity had done a mod with 30% volume boost for the Z.
The Following User Says Thank You to nreuge For This Useful Post: [ View ]
21st May 2014, 11:18 AM   |  #16  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Warsaw
Thanks Meter: 1,723

2,594 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:

olokos, what do you think, what percentage of a boost increase is more or less safety for the speaker ? 15-20% maybe ?

Can't tell. I don't own the device so I can't tell by myself.
Quote:

olokos, what do you think, the sound profile when call uses the same algorithm as a sound profile in walkman or not ? It ssems to me that sound on call and sound in walkman is slightly different, or am i wrong ? Clearaudio+ is on the both profiles.

It does use a different algorithm, I'm sure of it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by nreuge

I think that 30% speaker volume boost is safe, but not more. I remind that Zeroinfinity had done a mod with 30% volume boost for the Z.

Thanks, I'll boost it by 30% then.

Please move the discussion here:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...php?p=52814202
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to olokos For This Useful Post: [ View ]
22nd May 2014, 04:21 AM   |  #17  
Thanks Meter: 17

137 posts
How do I make this mod work? Am I supposed to copy it and replace the stock file in system>etc? Because changing the name of the original and then copying this file doesn't make it work and in fact my phone app stops working. Any help will be greatly appreciated

Sent from my D6503 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

---------- Post added at 02:09 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:00 AM ----------

Can someone please post the original mixer_paths.xml file because I think I have deleted mine and my phone app seemed to have stopped working

---------- Post added at 02:21 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:09 AM ----------

All sounds have completely stopped working for my phone after I tried to simply copy and paste the mixer_paths.xml file. It's freaking ridiculous. Can someone please guide me through this

24th May 2014, 10:59 PM   |  #18  
Thanks Meter: 27

240 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by umair239

How do I make this mod work? Am I supposed to copy it and replace the stock file in system>etc? Because changing the name of the original and then copying this file doesn't make it work and in fact my phone app stops working. Any help will be greatly appreciated

---------- Post added at 02:09 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:00 AM ----------

Can someone please post the original mixer_paths.xml file because I think I have deleted mine and my phone app seemed to have stopped working

---------- Post added at 02:21 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:09 AM ----------

All sounds have completely stopped working for my phone after I tried to simply copy and paste the mixer_paths.xml file. It's freaking ridiculous. Can someone please guide me through this

Well it's a mod and its zipped, my guess would be that u put zip file in root folder of phone (as in main folder, not one called root), boot into custom recovery, install update from sd, then click this zip file. you need to have unlocked bootloader and installed a custom recovery, id also reccomend the repair thing in pc companion t get your sounds back first, assuming it works with unlocked bootloaders
31st May 2014, 02:04 PM   |  #19  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Warsaw
Thanks Meter: 1,723

2,594 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by umair239

You should have posted it here...
I'll upload revert to stock in a moment.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread