Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,734,168 Members 51,362 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[REQUEST] Stereo speakers when incoming call.

Tip us?

DennisDD78
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 39
olokos, what do you think, what percentage of a boost increase is more or less safety for the speaker ? 15-20% maybe ?
Sony Xperia Z2 Black [D6503]
Sony Ericsson Cedar

DennisDD78
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 39
olokos, what do you think, the sound profile when call uses the same algorithm as a sound profile in walkman or not ? It ssems to me that sound on call and sound in walkman is slightly different, or am i wrong ? Clearaudio+ is on the both profiles.
Sony Ericsson Cedar

Teknohtc
Old
Thanks Meter 62
can i use this mod on a non rooted phone? My bootloader is locked by Bell pos and i really want this mod lol
Sony Xperia Z2 6503
"The Best Of Sony"

Hit that "Thanks" button on the bottom left of the post if i helped ya!

DennisDD78
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 39
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teknohtc View Post
can i use this mod on a non rooted phone? My bootloader is locked by Bell pos and i really want this mod lol
Only if you`ll get the root without bootloader unlocking.
Sony Ericsson Cedar

nreuge
Old
Thanks Meter 564

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by olokos View Post
Try this. It should play the ringtone when you're getting a call with both speakers now. What boost in percentage would you suggest? I don't have the Z2, just the Z1 so I can't test this by myself.
As always - You're doing it at your own risk.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DennisDD78 View Post
Oh ,man, it`s working!!! Awesome, finally both speakers when incoming call!
Thank you very very much, bro! Now THIS IS THE PHONE!!
Aahhh!!!

About the boost, well, i don`t know, now the volume level is fine for me with 2 speakers, and i`m afraid to get the levels higher, to not to damage the speakers, i don`t reaaly know which levels are safe to increase....
I think that 30% speaker volume boost is safe, but not more. I remind that Zeroinfinity had done a mod with 30% volume boost for the Z.
The Following User Says Thank You to nreuge For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

olokos
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 1079

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
olokos, what do you think, what percentage of a boost increase is more or less safety for the speaker ? 15-20% maybe ?
Can't tell. I don't own the device so I can't tell by myself.
Quote:
olokos, what do you think, the sound profile when call uses the same algorithm as a sound profile in walkman or not ? It ssems to me that sound on call and sound in walkman is slightly different, or am i wrong ? Clearaudio+ is on the both profiles.
It does use a different algorithm, I'm sure of it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by nreuge View Post
I think that 30% speaker volume boost is safe, but not more. I remind that Zeroinfinity had done a mod with 30% volume boost for the Z.
Thanks, I'll boost it by 30% then.

Please move the discussion here:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...php?p=52814202
My work on xda and things I'm proud of:

If you want me to reply then please quote my post or mention me by writing @olokos. This way you can be sure I'll reply.
Away on 2 weeks holidays where I barely get to use the internet there. Will be back past 02.08.2014
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to olokos For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

umair239
Old
Thanks Meter 16
How do I make this mod work? Am I supposed to copy it and replace the stock file in system>etc? Because changing the name of the original and then copying this file doesn't make it work and in fact my phone app stops working. Any help will be greatly appreciated

Sent from my D6503 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

---------- Post added at 02:09 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:00 AM ----------

Can someone please post the original mixer_paths.xml file because I think I have deleted mine and my phone app seemed to have stopped working

---------- Post added at 02:21 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:09 AM ----------

All sounds have completely stopped working for my phone after I tried to simply copy and paste the mixer_paths.xml file. It's freaking ridiculous. Can someone please guide me through this

numskull
Old
Thanks Meter 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by umair239 View Post
How do I make this mod work? Am I supposed to copy it and replace the stock file in system>etc? Because changing the name of the original and then copying this file doesn't make it work and in fact my phone app stops working. Any help will be greatly appreciated

---------- Post added at 02:09 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:00 AM ----------

Can someone please post the original mixer_paths.xml file because I think I have deleted mine and my phone app seemed to have stopped working

---------- Post added at 02:21 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:09 AM ----------

All sounds have completely stopped working for my phone after I tried to simply copy and paste the mixer_paths.xml file. It's freaking ridiculous. Can someone please guide me through this

Well it's a mod and its zipped, my guess would be that u put zip file in root folder of phone (as in main folder, not one called root), boot into custom recovery, install update from sd, then click this zip file. you need to have unlocked bootloader and installed a custom recovery, id also reccomend the repair thing in pc companion t get your sounds back first, assuming it works with unlocked bootloaders

olokos
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 1079

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by umair239 View Post

You should have posted it here...
I'll upload revert to stock in a moment.
My work on xda and things I'm proud of:

If you want me to reply then please quote my post or mention me by writing @olokos. This way you can be sure I'll reply.
Away on 2 weeks holidays where I barely get to use the internet there. Will be back past 02.08.2014