Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,806,408 Members 52,469 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] ATT updates for BYOD Galaxy S4

Tip us?

VideoRoy
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 4
Default [Q] ATT updates for BYOD Galaxy S4

I am getting ready to purchase a couple of used S4s for myself and family and our carrier is ATT. I was just curious if anyone knows if the these phones would get normal OTA updates from ATT even if we do not buy the phones from ATT. I was not able to figure out the policy on the Website and the agent did not really know.

I personally will be rooting and updating myself but I am phone support for the extended family as well and I really do not want to maintain all the phones for others that live far away.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks.

spamtrash
Old
Thanks Meter 180
Quote:
Originally Posted by VideoRoy View Post
I am getting ready to purchase a couple of used S4s for myself and family and our carrier is ATT. I was just curious if anyone knows if the these phones would get normal OTA updates from ATT even if we do not buy the phones from ATT. I was not able to figure out the policy on the Website and the agent did not really know.

I personally will be rooting and updating myself but I am phone support for the extended family as well and I really do not want to maintain all the phones for others that live far away.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks.
I would recommend you to ask this question in Samsung note 3, HTC One, sony Xperia Z2 and LG G2 threads. why not? You are asking for completely different form this thread devices, instead of placing it here anyway, so spread your chances.
HTC HD2 (still alive and kicking), I9000, I9300, I9505

VideoRoy
Old
(Last edited by VideoRoy; 31st May 2014 at 03:50 PM.)
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by spamtrash View Post
I would recommend you to ask this question in Samsung note 3, HTC One, sony Xperia Z2 and LG G2 threads. why not? You are asking for completely different form this thread devices, instead of placing it here anyway, so spread your chances.
I apologize and did not realize there was a separate thread for this.

Thank you very much for your reply.