[Q] ATT updates for BYOD Galaxy S4

OP VideoRoy

31st May 2014, 04:52 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 4

22 posts
I am getting ready to purchase a couple of used S4s for myself and family and our carrier is ATT. I was just curious if anyone knows if the these phones would get normal OTA updates from ATT even if we do not buy the phones from ATT. I was not able to figure out the policy on the Website and the agent did not really know.

I personally will be rooting and updating myself but I am phone support for the extended family as well and I really do not want to maintain all the phones for others that live far away.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks.
31st May 2014, 08:31 AM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 185

931 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by VideoRoy

I am getting ready to purchase a couple of used S4s for myself and family and our carrier is ATT. I was just curious if anyone knows if the these phones would get normal OTA updates from ATT even if we do not buy the phones from ATT. I was not able to figure out the policy on the Website and the agent did not really know.

I personally will be rooting and updating myself but I am phone support for the extended family as well and I really do not want to maintain all the phones for others that live far away.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks.

I would recommend you to ask this question in Samsung note 3, HTC One, sony Xperia Z2 and LG G2 threads. why not? You are asking for completely different form this thread devices, instead of placing it here anyway, so spread your chances.
31st May 2014, 03:09 PM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 4

22 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by spamtrash

I would recommend you to ask this question in Samsung note 3, HTC One, sony Xperia Z2 and LG G2 threads. why not? You are asking for completely different form this thread devices, instead of placing it here anyway, so spread your chances.

I apologize and did not realize there was a separate thread for this.

Thank you very much for your reply.
Last edited by VideoRoy; 31st May 2014 at 03:50 PM.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread