Micromax Yureka: Indian Handset with CyanogenMod

Thesoap opera involving Cyanogen Inc., OnePlus, and Micromax is one of the most talked about … more

Chainfire Turns Your Bootanimation into a Logging Center

Having a nice boot animation certainly adds a little bit of aesthetic polish to your … more

Android TV Launcher Pushed to Google Play

Over the past decade, the tech universe has seen two drastic and widely contrasting changes with … more

Cyngn, OnePlus, Micromax – The Legal Battle

Recently, a battle has been waging in India over the rights to distribute the commercial … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

[Q] bricked vs98024a

OP mesiorni

25th May 2014, 04:48 PM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 40

124 posts
More
OK here's the deal, IOroot25 method, rooted flawlessly. Made an attempt to install openrecovery-twrp-2.7.0.0-vs980 via flashify which forced phone into reboot. now stuck in lg boot with secure boot error with a boot certification verify, followed by auto-mount of device showing contents of multiple drivers within the vs980 I can access download mode but not recovery. Unfortunately while in download mode ubuntu 14.04 doesnt recognize device through adb or fastboot. verified both adb and fastboot are operational with my nexus7 device. I also checked android51 rules for allowance of vs980. I have read through xda dev threads for 3 days (night and day) trying to figure this thing out without any luck. I would really like some assistance here you guys.... lol anything would be greatly appreciated at this point.
28th May 2014, 09:35 PM   |  #2  
Flag san diego
Thanks Meter: 1,343

4,852 posts
More
You might need to get a Windows machine and use the lg flash tool to flash the kdz file.

Sent from my VS980 4G using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
28th May 2014, 11:43 PM   |  #3  
OP Senior Member

124 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Esteway.619

You might need to get a Windows machine and use the lg flash tool to flash the kdz file.

Fixed, used flash tool through wine flashed KDZ file. Ubuntu Wine is slightly buggy, but can be done!

Last edited by mesiorni; 28th May 2014 at 11:50 PM.
29th May 2014, 03:44 AM   |  #4  
Thanks Meter: 1

10 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mesiorni

Fixed, used flash tool through wine flashed KDZ file. Ubuntu Wine is slightly buggy, but can be done!

Wait wait, so where did you end up?
I'm in the same boat. I can use my phone just fine but can't get into recovery. Did you manage to get a custom rom installed?
29th May 2014, 03:54 AM   |  #5  
OP Senior Member

124 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by HellaBester

Wait wait, so where did you end up?
I'm in the same boat. I can use my phone just fine but can't get into recovery. Did you manage to get a custom rom installed?

Back stock rooted 24a. Wonna put that Carbon ROM in but gonna set up emulator for debugging if I can get one to work. Or might wait until someone figures out how to unlock bootloader.

30th May 2014, 12:05 PM   |  #6  
Thanks Meter: 1

10 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mesiorni

Back stock rooted 24a. Wonna put that Carbon ROM in but gonna set up emulator for debugging if I can get one to work. Or might wait until someone figures out how to unlock bootloader.

Looks like this guy has some ideas.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2766885

I'll let you know if I get twrp installed.
The Following User Says Thank You to HellaBester For This Useful Post: [ View ]
31st May 2014, 04:22 PM   |  #7  
OP Senior Member

124 posts
More
Looks like the Freedom tool is the way to go on 24a. But until bootloader is fully unlocked, we will continue to have stability issues. Every ROM is working off of the Loki patch. Now I'm not nockin loki it's a good work around, but for stability issues I'm gonna stay rooted stock debloated. This G2 xposed module is decent, and fairly stable for good customization http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2549923

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread