Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,736,126 Members 42,666 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[q] need help please

Tip us?

mattgraal
Old
(Last edited by mattgraal; 31st May 2014 at 05:11 AM.)
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Unhappy [q] need help please

I am quiet a noob at rooting and using odin. Well, my problem is i tried to unroot using odin and I was flashing L720VPUFNAE_L720SPTFNAE_SPR using PDA but then my phone accidentally disconnected and now I cannot flash that..I am really scared I soft bricked my phone. Kies will not download due to some stupid errors..I REALLY NEED HELP. I rooted and unrooted and unflashed and flashed numerous times.. But now it's not letting me do the basic PDA flash. I was flashing the stock rom. I don't mess with roms they are unstable and buggy at least cyanogen was. I fixed that error easy but now I am stuck in "Firmware upgrade encountered an issue. Please select recovery in kies & try again". I cannot download kies and when I do it asks to delete previous versions and then fails and asks the same thing a million times, stupid kies. Well, I can get in download mode without a problem I just don't know what I would need to do now. I am kinda trippy. MY phone an fyi is running 4.4.2 Kitkat if that matters.

AbhiLP
Old
(Last edited by AbhiLP; 31st May 2014 at 05:53 AM.)
Thanks Meter 45
Quote:
Originally Posted by mattgraal View Post
I am quiet a noob at rooting and using odin. Well, my problem is i tried to unroot using odin and I was flashing L720VPUFNAE_L720SPTFNAE_SPR using PDA but then my phone accidentally disconnected and now I cannot flash that..I am really scared I soft bricked my phone. Kies will not download due to some stupid errors..I REALLY NEED HELP. I rooted and unrooted and unflashed and flashed numerous times.. But now it's not letting me do the basic PDA flash. I was flashing the stock rom. I don't mess with roms they are unstable and buggy at least cyanogen was. I fixed that error easy but now I am stuck in "Firmware upgrade encountered an issue. Please select recovery in kies & try again". I cannot download kies and when I do it asks to delete previous versions and then fails and asks the same thing a million times, stupid kies. Well, I can get in download mode without a problem I just don't know what I would need to do now. I am kinda trippy. MY phone an fyi is running 4.4.2 Kitkat if that matters.
Uninstall kies from your pc if you have it installed already. All you need is latest Samsung USB drivers. You can find them on google and after that strictly follow the below guide :-

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2265477

Please make sure you have all the necessary files required to flash a new firmware according to the model of your phone. The guide above is just for helping you follow the right steps !
** There are no shortcuts to any place worth going **

mattgraal
Old
(Last edited by mattgraal; 31st May 2014 at 06:13 AM.)
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by AbhiLP View Post
Uninstall kies from your pc if you have it installed already. All you need is latest Samsung USB drivers. You can find them on google and after that strictly follow the below guide :-

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2265477

Please make sure you have all the necessary files required to flash a new firmware according to the model of your phone. The guide above is just for helping you follow the right steps !
Okay, I got that..I'll just find kies and wipe it X)

cruise350
Old
Thanks Meter 575
Also, make sure you are using a newer version of Odin while flashing the new Stock Tar files. Recommended is odin 3.07 or 3.09 for fewer problems.
Phones & Tablets: Galaxy S4, Galaxy Note 8", Evo 4g LTE, Evo 3D, Acer Iconia A500, Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 10.1, Ipad 2, Nabi 2,

Rom: Rooted Stock Odexed, Hotspot Mod, Xposed, Wanum, several other xposed tweaks
Firmware: NAE
Kernel: Stock
TWRP: 2.7.1.0