Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,737,068 Members 47,935 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Wake up gesture not working anymore

Tip us?
 
Nathan1082
Old
#1  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Posts: 2
Join Date: May 2014
Default Wake up gesture not working anymore

Hi All, I have the samsung galaxy gear 2 for a week now and everything was working perfectly until this morning. The wake up gesture doesnt work at all anymore even though the power button still wakes up the device.

I have tried a factory reset to no avail.

Your help will be highly appreciated.
 
JimSmith94
Old
#2  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 195
Posts: 1,280
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Irving, TX
Maybe try turning it off in Gear Manager, reboot the phone and the watch, and turn it on again?
 
KentAls
Old
#3  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 1
Posts: 3
Join Date: May 2014
Default Wake-up Gesture not working

I had the same thing happen to me this morning. Funny thing is that when I have it connected to power with the charging unit then the wake-up gesture works again. Seems like a bug to me. I have tried all manner of restarting, powering down, and toggling the feature but nothing helps. Has anybody else seen this problem?

Better yet anyone know how to fix it?
 
Nathan1082
Old
#4  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Posts: 2
Join Date: May 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by KentAls View Post
I had the same thing happen to me this morning. Funny thing is that when I have it connected to power with the charging unit then the wake-up gesture works again. Seems like a bug to me. I have tried all manner of restarting, powering down, and toggling the feature but nothing helps. Has anybody else seen this problem?

Better yet anyone know how to fix it?
Hi, after much fiddling and wrist swinging, it fixed itself!

I reset the gear to factory settings, disconnected the gear from phone,disabled the wake up gesture, re-enabled wake up gesture on gear manager AND on watch and then re-connected everything.

Wow the gear is crap without the wake up gesture.

But its awesome when it works.
The Following User Says Thank You to Nathan1082 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
KentAls
Old
#5  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 1
Posts: 3
Join Date: May 2014
Default Fiddling not paying off so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nathan1082 View Post
Hi, after much fiddling and wrist swinging, it fixed itself!

I reset the gear to factory settings, disconnected the gear from phone,disabled the wake up gesture, re-enabled wake up gesture on gear manager AND on watch and then re-connected everything.

Wow the gear is crap without the wake up gesture.

But its awesome when it works.
Ok, I tried to follow this recipe but once I disconnect the gear 2 from the phone I am not able to get to setting in Gear Manager to re-enable on gear manager AND watch as you recommend. Can you explain what you did once you have the gear disconnected from the phone so I can follow your steps exactly? Wrist swinging alone is not doing the trick. Thanks in advance.
 
KentAls
Old
#6  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 1
Posts: 3
Join Date: May 2014
Default Sleep blocks wake up feature

Quote:
Originally Posted by KentAls View Post
Ok, I tried to follow this recipe but once I disconnect the gear 2 from the phone I am not able to get to setting in Gear Manager to re-enable on gear manager AND watch as you recommend. Can you explain what you did once you have the gear disconnected from the phone so I can follow your steps exactly? Wrist swinging alone is not doing the trick. Thanks in advance.
I figured out what was wrong in my case. I had installed the sleep app within in the S Health app. I left it on in sleep mode mistakenly which shuts off the wake up gesture. Then I uninstalled it while it was running and it did not seem to disable entirely. Finally I had given up on ever having a wakeup gesture and reinstalled the sleep app and fiddled with it and the wake up gesture was restored. Hope this helps someone in who has this frustrating problem.
The Following User Says Thank You to KentAls For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


XDA PORTAL POSTS

Port Sony Xperia Themes to CyanogenMod 11 with Ease

In addition the obvious proficiency with graphics, creating agood Android theme … more

Cell Phone SIM Unlock Bill Just Steps Away from President’s Desk

For all those who believe that Cinderella stories don’t actually … more

Get Your Cargo to its Destination in 4×4 Military Operations Reborn

Racing games have evolved quite a bit since the days of Pole … more