Detect, Avoid IMSI-Catcher Attacks with Android IMSI-Catcher Detector

Privacy is always an important topic, as well as a delicate one to … more

Materialized LeanDroid Fights Your Poor Battery Life

Battery life has always been one of the biggest problems facing most Android devices. … more

Bump! Workaround for the LG G3 Locked Bootloader – XDA TV

The LG G3 is a power house device. It’s been a favorite of many people. … more

Enable Call Recording on Xperia Z2 and Z3

Call recording, while not legal in every part of the world, is quite handy in certain situations. … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

SGS5 SPR Driving Mode Missing?

OP About7Narwhal

25th May 2014, 08:40 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 3

24 posts
Went on a trip the other day and was disappointed to see that the Sprint Variant of the SGS5 did not have a Driving Mode or Car Mode that was detectable by S Voice. "This device does not support this feature." is the only response I would receive. My S3 and my mother's S4 both retain this functionality. Just curious if anyone has a way to restore this feature or a good alternative.

Thanks
25th May 2014, 09:17 AM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 2

48 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by About7Narwhal

Went on a trip the other day and was disappointed to see that the Sprint Variant of the SGS5 did not have a Driving Mode or Car Mode that was detectable by S Voice. "This device does not support this feature." is the only response I would receive. My S3 and my mother's S4 both retain this functionality. Just curious if anyone has a way to restore this feature or a good alternative.

Thanks

I don't know why it does that. I get the same error message. But in the quick toggles it shows up.

Click image for larger version

Name:	2014-05-25 07.14.37.png
Views:	91
Size:	183.7 KB
ID:	2761925
25th May 2014, 04:36 PM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member

24 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by lioncat55

I don't know why it does that. I get the same error message. But in the quick toggles it shows up.

Attachment 2761925

Does it work from the toggle? Mine doesn't show but i do have Car Mode in titanium backup so i know it's there.
25th May 2014, 06:35 PM   |  #4  
Thanks Meter: 44

125 posts
car mode
I havent found anyway to activate besides through quick settings in notification drop down, i just switched my tiles for car mode and its works. Not sure if the tile was there before i did tile mod, link here http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2732722, after you do this it wile show up in the tiles. Just sq lite to modify.
25th May 2014, 08:40 PM   |  #5  
Thanks Meter: 2

48 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by About7Narwhal

Does it work from the toggle? Mine doesn't show but i do have Car Mode in titanium backup so i know it's there.

It works from the toggle for me. Note: I just rooted today and this was working before root.

Click image for larger version

Name:	2014-05-25 18.34.23.png
Views:	77
Size:	156.0 KB
ID:	2762830
28th May 2014, 03:17 AM   |  #6  
Flag Colorado
Thanks Meter: 39

332 posts
More
I think it may have something to do with agreeing to the terms and conditions of S Voice?

Sent from my SM-G900P using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
31st May 2014, 06:50 PM   |  #7  
OP Junior Member

24 posts
So I was able to trigger Car Mode via Tasker but it isn't quite the same. It does not read text messages or anything like that. Anyone have any other suggestions? I'd be willing to use a thrid party app as well. Kinda upsetting to have a new car with BT and not be able to read and respond to texts through it.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread