Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,737,266 Members 40,328 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

SGS5 SPR Driving Mode Missing?

Tip us?

About7Narwhal
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 3
Default SGS5 SPR Driving Mode Missing?

Went on a trip the other day and was disappointed to see that the Sprint Variant of the SGS5 did not have a Driving Mode or Car Mode that was detectable by S Voice. "This device does not support this feature." is the only response I would receive. My S3 and my mother's S4 both retain this functionality. Just curious if anyone has a way to restore this feature or a good alternative.

Thanks

lioncat55
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by About7Narwhal View Post
Went on a trip the other day and was disappointed to see that the Sprint Variant of the SGS5 did not have a Driving Mode or Car Mode that was detectable by S Voice. "This device does not support this feature." is the only response I would receive. My S3 and my mother's S4 both retain this functionality. Just curious if anyone has a way to restore this feature or a good alternative.

Thanks
I don't know why it does that. I get the same error message. But in the quick toggles it shows up.

Click image for larger version

Name:	2014-05-25 07.14.37.png
Views:	85
Size:	183.7 KB
ID:	2761925

About7Narwhal
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by lioncat55 View Post
I don't know why it does that. I get the same error message. But in the quick toggles it shows up.

Attachment 2761925
Does it work from the toggle? Mine doesn't show but i do have Car Mode in titanium backup so i know it's there.

Iceburn1
Old
Thanks Meter 23
Default car mode

I havent found anyway to activate besides through quick settings in notification drop down, i just switched my tiles for car mode and its works. Not sure if the tile was there before i did tile mod, link here http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2732722, after you do this it wile show up in the tiles. Just sq lite to modify.

lioncat55
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by About7Narwhal View Post
Does it work from the toggle? Mine doesn't show but i do have Car Mode in titanium backup so i know it's there.
It works from the toggle for me. Note: I just rooted today and this was working before root.

Click image for larger version

Name:	2014-05-25 18.34.23.png
Views:	73
Size:	156.0 KB
ID:	2762830

DistrictDigital
Old
Thanks Meter 37
I think it may have something to do with agreeing to the terms and conditions of S Voice?

Sent from my SM-G900P using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
~Here in this world I'm awaked with mistakes but it's love that keeps fueling me, fueling me.
Current Phone : Sprint Samsung Galaxy S5 @ Sprint
ROM : MOAR v1.0
Recovery : Philz Touch
Past Phones : Sprint Samsung Galaxy S4 Mini @ Sprint
T-Mobile myTouch 4G / HTC Glacier @ T-Mobile

Don't be afraid to give thanks to those who deserve it!

About7Narwhal
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 3
So I was able to trigger Car Mode via Tasker but it isn't quite the same. It does not read text messages or anything like that. Anyone have any other suggestions? I'd be willing to use a thrid party app as well. Kinda upsetting to have a new car with BT and not be able to read and respond to texts through it.