Ask a question

No registration required

Can't stream youtube in HD

OP jda2631

31st May 2014, 05:44 PM   |  #1  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 3

51 posts
For some reason whenever i try to watch a video on youtube in HD (it defaults to HD) I get audio but just a blank black screen for video. My internet connection is fine, whenever I use my computer on the same network, it streams the same video in HD just fine.

Any ideas?
31st May 2014, 07:21 PM   |  #2  
Flag Newcastle Upon Tyne
Thanks Meter: 151

726 posts
@jda2631 You mean it defaults to SD?

Yeah I've had all sorts of issues lately with YouTube app on my tablet and phone. Mainly with videos always bufferring then its fine for a bit and then it messes up again. I just think the app is RUBBISH tbh.

Try clearing the cache the data and then uninstall it. Then re-install and see if it does the trick.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk
31st May 2014, 07:24 PM   |  #3  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 3

51 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Geordie Affy

@jda2631 You mean it defaults to SD?

Yeah I've had all sorts of issues lately with YouTube app on my tablet and phone. Mainly with videos always bufferring then its fine for a bit and then it messes up again. I just think the app is RUBBISH tbh.

Try clearing the cache the data and then uninstall it. Then re-install and see if it does the trick.

no, it defaults to HD anytime I play a video, so I just get audio and black screen. I have to go and turn it off of HD then I get video, but lower quality obviously.
31st May 2014, 07:26 PM   |  #4  
Flag Newcastle Upon Tyne
Thanks Meter: 151

726 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jda2631

no, it defaults to HD anytime I play a video, so I just get audio and black screen. I have to go and turn it off of HD then I get video, but lower quality obviously.

Ah right...yeah that is odd - never had that before.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread