Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,742,083 Members 50,582 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] SCH-I545 Odin Fail (Auth)

Tip us?
 
Portisface
Old
#1  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 5
Join Date: May 2014
Default [Q] SCH-I545 Odin Fail (Auth)

I am trying to flash phone back to stock ROM due to my phone only booting in Odin mode, but I keep getting FAIL! flash attempts in Odin. The failure occurs at the message line FAIL! (Auth). I have tried flashing VRUAMDK_NoWipe.tar and CF-Auto-Root-jflte-jfltexx-gti9505.
 
riker147
Old
#2  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 268
Posts: 900
Join Date: Jul 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by Portisface View Post
I am trying to flash phone back to stock ROM due to my phone only booting in Odin mode, but I keep getting FAIL! flash attempts in Odin. The failure occurs at the message line FAIL! (Auth). I have tried flashing VRUAMDK_NoWipe.tar and CF-Auto-Root-jflte-jfltexx-gti9505.
Were you originally on MDK? If so, have you checked MD5?
__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ _____________________
Reading Is Fundamental
 
Portisface
Old
#3  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 5
Join Date: May 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by riker147 View Post
Were you originally on MDK? If so, have you checked MD5?
Sorry the full filename is VRUAMDK_NoWipe.tar.md5. Is that what you're talking about?
 
riker147
Old
#4  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 268
Posts: 900
Join Date: Jul 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by Portisface View Post
Sorry the full filename is VRUAMDK_NoWipe.tar.md5. Is that what you're talking about?
No. What build were you on before your problems?
__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ _____________________
Reading Is Fundamental
 
Portisface
Old
#5  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 5
Join Date: May 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by riker147 View Post
No. What build were you on before your problems?
I don't remember other than I was at 4.3. I had my phone rooted using SuperSU and I tried unrooting so I could download the latest OTA. I was still getting errors to install updates after disabling SuperSU and was getting sick of my phone constantly trying to update so I decided to try to revert back to stock. I downloaded Odin and the TAR file I mentioned and followed the instructions to restore back to stock ROM. I received that error and found in another forum that someone got it to work using CF-Auto-Root-jflte-jfltexx-gti9505. I tried that to and same issue. I can't find any other solutions.
 
riker147
Old
#6  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 268
Posts: 900
Join Date: Jul 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by Portisface View Post
I don't remember other than I was at 4.3. I had my phone rooted using SuperSU and I tried unrooting so I could download the latest OTA. I was still getting errors to install updates after disabling SuperSU and was getting sick of my phone constantly trying to update so I decided to try to revert back to stock. I downloaded Odin and the TAR file I mentioned and followed the instructions to restore back to stock ROM. I received that error and found in another forum that someone got it to work using CF-Auto-Root-jflte-jfltexx-gti9505. I tried that to and same issue. I can't find any other solutions.
You need to find what build you were on because you can't flash an older build. You can only flash your original build or newer. If you want the latest OTA, (Kit Kat), you need to download the .tar file for that.
__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ _____________________
Reading Is Fundamental
 
Portisface
Old
#7  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 5
Join Date: May 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by riker147 View Post
You need to find what build you were on because you can't flash an older build. You can only flash your original build or newer. If you want the latest OTA, (Kit Kat), you need to download the .tar file for that.
I am currently downloading Kit Kat. However, I was trying to flash it one more time to copy and paste the message lines here and now the error is "There is no PIT partition." I have already downloaded the PIT for my phone. I am I gonna have to use that now?
 
riker147
Old
#8  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 268
Posts: 900
Join Date: Jul 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by Portisface View Post
I am currently downloading Kit Kat. However, I was trying to flash it one more time to copy and paste the message lines here and now the error is "There is no PIT partition." I have already downloaded the PIT for my phone. I am I gonna have to use that now?
I think you might me be over complicating things. If you're going with NC5 (Kit Kat) and you can use Odin, I think all you're going to need is the .tar file.
__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ _____________________
Reading Is Fundamental
 
Portisface
Old
#9  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 5
Join Date: May 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by riker147 View Post
I think you might me be over complicating things. If you're going with NC5 (Kit Kat) and you can use Odin, I think all you're going to need is the .tar file.
So the "no PIT partition" message isn't a problem?

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


XDA PORTAL POSTS

[OTA Captured] Verizon LG G Pad 8.3 Finally Gets Official KitKat Update

It’s been almost nine months since the LG G Pad … more

Enjoy Wallpaper Overload with PhotoPhase

We don’t usually feature live wallpapers on the XDA Portal unless they are somewhat innovative … more

Monitor What Your Phone’s Camera Sees with Android Wear

Having a smart device strapped to your wrist certainly has its merits. A … more

Mod Lets You Have Stereo Speakers on Your Sony Xperia Z1 (Sort Of)

The stereo speakers onthe Sony Xperia Z2areprobably a relatively large … more