No registration required

Issue with apps not running in background - looking for advice

OP LifeAsADroid

31st May 2014, 01:23 AM   |  #11  
Flag o.O
Thanks Meter: 17

234 posts
More
I wonder if this is the same issue I'm having with Hangouts and SMS notifications. It seems that if I have enough going on in the background, Hangouts will stop giving me notifications for SMS. When I go into the app, the new message(s) is there and waiting for me to read it. This to me is a huge problem. I didn't have this issue on CM11. For me, it seems it most always happens if I'm using the Facebook app and viewing a link from Facebook on Chrome. I've now made a habit of checking Hangouts periodically to see if I have any new messages.
31st May 2014, 08:06 PM   |  #12  
Thanks Meter: 44

298 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmajpwc

I wonder if this is the same issue I'm having with Hangouts and SMS notifications. It seems that if I have enough going on in the background, Hangouts will stop giving me notifications for SMS. When I go into the app, the new message(s) is there and waiting for me to read it. This to me is a huge problem. I didn't have this issue on CM11. For me, it seems it most always happens if I'm using the Facebook app and viewing a link from Facebook on Chrome. I've now made a habit of checking Hangouts periodically to see if I have any new messages.

I would try clearing your data for Hangouts. Sometimes notifications won't come in if they are associated with an older android device ID.
31st May 2014, 08:29 PM   |  #13  
OP Senior Member
Flag Awesomeville, USA
Thanks Meter: 175

673 posts
Donate to Me
More
I have had nothing but problems with hangouts and the messaging app. I deleted both and am using a third party messing app now. No problems.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using xda app-developers app
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread