Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,730,673 Members 41,431 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Issue with apps not running in background - looking for advice

Tip us?

cmajpwc
Old
Thanks Meter 17
I wonder if this is the same issue I'm having with Hangouts and SMS notifications. It seems that if I have enough going on in the background, Hangouts will stop giving me notifications for SMS. When I go into the app, the new message(s) is there and waiting for me to read it. This to me is a huge problem. I didn't have this issue on CM11. For me, it seems it most always happens if I'm using the Facebook app and viewing a link from Facebook on Chrome. I've now made a habit of checking Hangouts periodically to see if I have any new messages.

jldr
Old
Thanks Meter 44
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmajpwc View Post
I wonder if this is the same issue I'm having with Hangouts and SMS notifications. It seems that if I have enough going on in the background, Hangouts will stop giving me notifications for SMS. When I go into the app, the new message(s) is there and waiting for me to read it. This to me is a huge problem. I didn't have this issue on CM11. For me, it seems it most always happens if I'm using the Facebook app and viewing a link from Facebook on Chrome. I've now made a habit of checking Hangouts periodically to see if I have any new messages.
I would try clearing your data for Hangouts. Sometimes notifications won't come in if they are associated with an older android device ID.

LifeAsADroid
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 132

DONATE TO ME
I have had nothing but problems with hangouts and the messaging app. I deleted both and am using a third party messing app now. No problems.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using xda app-developers app
"The best part about the internet is you get to see everyone's childish tantrums first hand."

"If only the internet allowed me to punch stupid people in the face. Then people wouldn't vomit their idiocy onto my monitor."