Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,736,888 Members 52,759 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] How to spoof my device for Amazon's Appstore?

Tip us?

Eldmor
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 7
Default [Q] How to spoof my device for Amazon's Appstore?

I'm looking to download Kindle-only apps for my Nexus 4 from the Amazon App Store, especially GTA: San Andreas which I have bought. Of course when my Nexus 4 isn't supported, I need to spoof my device somehow so it would look like a Kindle from Amazon's perspective.

I have tried editing my build.prop to match both Kindle Fire HD and Kindle Fire HDX but that didn't fool Amazon. I also tried to fake my GPU & CPU information for Appstore using GLTools v1.07 (graphics optimizer) 03/06/2014 with no results.

Do you guys have any information how Amazon determines your device type? Or could somebody of you upload the .apk for GTA: San Andreas (it is under 100MB, just an installer)? I have a license for it, so the downloader would work
The Following User Says Thank You to Eldmor For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

kolpa06
Old
Thanks Meter 9
I am also looking for the answer of the same question.
Yes, appstore downloaded apk would be great since we have a licensed (but undownloadable) copy
SGH T-989 ==> SGH T-999 ==> SGH T-1099 (just kidding, it is Nexus 5)

mjolnir677
Old
Thanks Meter 10
I'd like to know this too. I was able to get GTA3 to work on my S3 a long time ago but I can't do the same for GTA:SA. In the meantime, I found this on Amazon:

http://www.amazon.com/Gta-kindle-fir...sin=B00HCU7OCI

kanded
Old
Thanks Meter 55
Quote:
Originally Posted by mjolnir677 View Post
I'd like to know this too. I was able to get GTA3 to work on my S3 a long time ago but I can't do the same for GTA:SA. In the meantime, I found this on Amazon:

http://www.amazon.com/Gta-kindle-fir...sin=B00HCU7OCI
it happened to me. i'd like to install some facebook game, especially zynga poker, and the result still no luck. is there anyway to cheat amazon appstore so we can download the kindle fire tablet edition apps.