Lockdown Pro 2 Brings Material Design and Media Support

Back in March of this year, we took a look at a rather innovated security application … more

Mural Watchface Brings 500px to Android Wear

On a traditional watch, you can’t really do too much to change its appearance once … more

Android 5.0 Favorite Features, Release November 3rd? – XDA TV

Google Confirms Android 5.0 Lollipop for November 3rd! That and much more … more

Prepare Your Build Machines: Ubuntu 14.10 Utopic Unicorn Now Official

Today is an important day for any and all Linux enthusiasts. One of the … more

[Q] Accessing a One X with a dead screen?

OP omk298

31st May 2014, 02:39 PM   |  #1  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 0

53 posts
More
The screen on my wife's One X has stopped working. The phone appears to be working otherwise - it rings, the LED lights up appropriately etc but the screen won't come on at all. I've tried using a USB connection to my PC and also using HTC Sync to copy photos etc off the phone but because there's a security pattern on the phone my PC can't connect. Because the screen is dead I can't put in the pattern.

Is there any way round that?

Thanks
31st May 2014, 06:03 PM   |  #2  
Flag Sofia
Thanks Meter: 571

1,865 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by omk298

The screen on my wife's One X has stopped working. The phone appears to be working otherwise - it rings, the LED lights up appropriately etc but the screen won't come on at all. I've tried using a USB connection to my PC and also using HTC Sync to copy photos etc off the phone but because there's a security pattern on the phone my PC can't connect. Because the screen is dead I can't put in the pattern.

Is there any way round that?

Thanks

Yes go in bootloader Unlock via HTCDEV.COM flash Philz recovery 5.15.9, mount SD Card and download what you want from SD Card
31st May 2014, 06:29 PM   |  #3  
Recognized Contributor / Themer
Thanks Meter: 8,677

14,118 posts
Donate to Me
That's a major challenge with a dead screen Thant !
The Following User Says Thank You to Mr Hofs For This Useful Post: [ View ]
31st May 2014, 06:49 PM   |  #4  
Flag Sofia

1,865 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Hofs

That's a major challenge with a dead screen Thant !

Yeah It is posible, if he flash philz I can say exactly how much time to press volume down button and power it is not so difficult. Philz is not only tuch. I don't say it will be easy
31st May 2014, 07:31 PM   |  #5  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 0

53 posts
More
Thanks for the suggestion. The first (of I fear many) problems - HTCDev warns that all personal data on the device will be deleted as part of the unlocking process. Is that true/is there a workaround? The only reason I want to get into this phone is so I can retrieve photos etc.
31st May 2014, 08:33 PM   |  #6  
Flag Sofia

1,865 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by omk298

Thanks for the suggestion. The first (of I fear many) problems - HTCDev warns that all personal data on the device will be deleted as part of the unlocking process. Is that true/is there a workaround? The only reason I want to get into this phone is so I can retrieve photos etc.

I can't give guarantee. Sometime this happen sometime not. If you want just send it for rpair to change the screen I think it is not so expensive.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread