Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,740,200 Members 41,000 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] KERNEL IS NOT SEANDROID ENFORCING Set Warranty Bit: kernel - post bad 4.4.2 root

Tip us?
 
0verfiend
Old
#1  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Posts: 5
Join Date: Sep 2006
Default [Q] KERNEL IS NOT SEANDROID ENFORCING Set Warranty Bit: kernel - post bad 4.4.2 root

I upgraded to 4.4.2 on my TMobile Galaxy S4. I did this Via KIES. Afterwards, I tried to root - and this is where things seemed to go wrong.

I used ODIN 3.185, and used T-Mobile_OUDHS-Recovery-jfltetmo and then installed ROOT_M919UVUAMDL.

Since then, I have the
KERNEL IS NOT SEANDROID ENFORCING
Set Warranty Bit: kernel

Message at boot, and the Samsung Galaxy S4 logo.

I tried to use Odin to put over the top CF-Auto-Root-jfltetmo-jfltetmo-sghm919.tar
I tried also to use the SD card to update again to what I think is the stock firmware from here: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...96224221703208
When doing an update, there were a couple of errors - but it went through. However, on reboot the same error.

Any help would be extremely appreciated.
 
0verfiend
Old
#2  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Posts: 5
Join Date: Sep 2006
My next try is to do the unroot steps from this post: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2335109
But hopefully someone can give some more advice before I wipe the whole thing.
 
0verfiend
Old
#3  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Posts: 5
Join Date: Sep 2006
Since it's a work in progress, I figure I will post as I go along.

I downloaded the 1.5gb TMB-M919UVUFNB4-20140314115123 file from the unroot link above. I then used Odin to install it... and was able to stop at step 9 - before doing the data wipe/factory restore. I can now get my phone to boot.

I am feeling so good - that I'll try to root again.
The Following User Says Thank You to 0verfiend For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
0verfiend
Old
#4  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Posts: 5
Join Date: Sep 2006
Rooted, and SuperSU instaled - all is well to this point...
Since I was fairly freaked out, hopefully this helps someone down the line (or me - since I'm fast to forget).
 
Skipjacks
Old
#5  
Skipjacks's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 3789
Posts: 4,810
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Baltimore
You tripped the Knox flag. That's all that happened. It won't affect your ability to use the phone. You didn't do anything wrong. it's normal when you root a Knox protected device.
Do you want insanely better battery drain when your phone is idle? Check out this thread!
Have a question about the T Mobile Samsung Galaxy S4? Click here for the Help Thread!
 
anoshwadia
Old
#6  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 9
Join Date: Feb 2013
I ran into the same issue as you on my TMobile Samsung Galaxy S4 and I wanted to say thanks for this post! It helped me get my phone restored back to the way it was and thankfully I didn't lose anything! Thanks so much!

Was wondering however.....how did you get it to root successfully after this?

I used this guide to try to root my phone
http://www.androidrootz.com/2013/05/...axy-s4-gt.html

Did you use another set of steps?

Thanks in advance!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 0verfiend View Post
Since it's a work in progress, I figure I will post as I go along.

I downloaded the 1.5gb TMB-M919UVUFNB4-20140314115123 file from the unroot link above. I then used Odin to install it... and was able to stop at step 9 - before doing the data wipe/factory restore. I can now get my phone to boot.

I am feeling so good - that I'll try to root again.
 
serio22
Old
#7  
serio22's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 625
Posts: 1,948
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Houston
Quote:
Originally Posted by anoshwadia View Post
I ran into the same issue as you on my TMobile Samsung Galaxy S4 and I wanted to say thanks for this post! It helped me get my phone restored back to the way it was and thankfully I didn't lose anything! Thanks so much!

Was wondering however.....how did you get it to root successfully after this?

I used this guide to try to root my phone
http://www.androidrootz.com/2013/05/...axy-s4-gt.html

Did you use another set of steps?

Thanks in advance!
That procedure is so old and outdated, you should really pay attention to what you read and the sites you visit.. Everything you need is here on XDA.. Use cf-auto root to root the phone, do whatever you want afterwards..

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk
 
anoshwadia
Old
#8  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 9
Join Date: Feb 2013
Appreciate the response. I should have mentioned that I did start off at XDA. I used this thread
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2335109
....and it led me to use that link in my previous post. I figured since it was under the forums for my device and had been stickied, it would work fine. I didn't see anyone else on that thread report the issue I ran into, possibly because it worked prior to an update I had from Tmobile.

I will try your suggestions with cf-auto root. Thanks again for the help!


Quote:
Originally Posted by serio22 View Post
That procedure is so old and outdated, you should really pay attention to what you read and the sites you visit.. Everything you need is here on XDA.. Use cf-auto root to root the phone, do whatever you want afterwards..

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


XDA PORTAL POSTS

Rotation Lets You Take Full Control of Your Device’s Orientation Settings

To be brutally honest, the native options for screen … more

Change the Alarm Icon in the Status Bar with Xposed

It’s hard to find a more hated object than your alarm clock. They wake us up nearly … more

Return to Outer Space Outer Space with Ship Up Game

Since the release of Flappy Birds, we’ve had the “fortune” to see … more

Device Review: OnePlus One

Seemingly every day, there are a bunch of new devices being released. Some are budget devices and some are … more