Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,742,143 Members 51,933 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] [HELP!] How to build Samsung Flipfont apk in eclipse ?

Tip us?

letterb
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Unhappy [Q] [HELP!] How to build Samsung Flipfont apk in eclipse ?

Hi, i have problems to build a font apk in my Samsung S4.

i have setuped my font project in eclipse. But after i build it in my phone, and select my font( Settings -> Display -> Font Style ),
it alert error : " This font is not supported.Contact the font provider. Uninstall this font?".

Click image for larger version

Name:	attachment.php.jpg
Views:	128
Size:	41.2 KB
ID:	2739171

yet, i have set the apk packname to "com.monotype.android.font.mysamsungfont",
and placed the mysamsungfont.ttf mysamsungfont.xml file properly in assets/,
and i have sign my keystore.
( i tried to sign so call testkey.pk8 testkey.x509.pem to my apk, but it alert the same error )

do i have to sign a special key store to my font apk??
(PS: i can use iFont to force to select my font.apk in Root mode, but i cant select the font in settings... )
But i don't want to use it in Root mode.

Help me, pls...

sorg
Old
Thanks Meter 565
It doesn't matter if you built font package correct or not. Samsung has predefined list of font provider and names of fonts. Everything else will produce "Unsupported font" message. You need to patch SecSettings to allow to use any font package.
Samsung Galaxy S4 SHV-E330S: Optimus ROM (TW 4.4.2) & Kernel. CPU OC 2.7GHz, GPU OC 645MHz, non-KNOX bootloader, UHD/SM/360 Camera.
Samsung Galaxy S4 GT-I9500: Optimus ROM (TW 4.3), Perseus Kernel. CPU No-OC, GPU OC 700MHz, non-KNOX bootloader.
Past models: Samsung Galaxy SIII SHV-E210K & GT-I9300, Samsung Galaxy SII GT-I9100.

letterb
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by sorg View Post
It doesn't matter if you built font package correct or not. Samsung has predefined list of font provider and names of fonts. Everything else will produce "Unsupported font" message. You need to patch SecSettings to allow to use any font package.
But why my s4 can apply the flipfont apk which made by iFont without root?

sorg
Old
Thanks Meter 565
Quote:
Originally Posted by letterb View Post
But why my s4 can apply the flipfont apk which made by iFont without root?
because it's certified by Samsung.
Samsung Galaxy S4 SHV-E330S: Optimus ROM (TW 4.4.2) & Kernel. CPU OC 2.7GHz, GPU OC 645MHz, non-KNOX bootloader, UHD/SM/360 Camera.
Samsung Galaxy S4 GT-I9500: Optimus ROM (TW 4.3), Perseus Kernel. CPU No-OC, GPU OC 700MHz, non-KNOX bootloader.
Past models: Samsung Galaxy SIII SHV-E210K & GT-I9300, Samsung Galaxy SII GT-I9100.

letterb
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by sorg View Post
because it's certified by Samsung.
couldy you tell me how to make it?

sorg
Old
Thanks Meter 565
Quote:
Originally Posted by letterb View Post
couldy you tell me how to make it?
Call Samsung and ask them I have no idea.