Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,740,807 Members 51,812 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Cant get MB886 into custom recovery

Tip us?

audit13
Old
Thanks Meter 352
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nevadadave View Post
OK, I dropped Root Explorer and loaded ES File Explorer. ES Explorer allowed me to change the file R/W permissions and rename the stock recovery file.
adb would still not allow me to get to root, so I loaded adbd insecure from the Play store, and that gave me root access. I flashed the CWR 6.0.4.4, and so far (fingers crossed) I was able to boot to CWM and I'm backing up my system now. Hopefully, the next update will be to say that I have a new ROM installed...
All you need to gain r/w access is to click on the ro button to change it to read/write.

Nevadadave
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by audit13 View Post
All you need to gain r/w access is to click on the ro button to change it to read/write.
Audit13 I'm not sure what you mean here. Root Explorer never indicated a "R/O" button or any other way to change permissions, it just kept saying that the file system was write-protected. ES File Explorer was very easily able to change this and allow me to remove the automatic recovery overwrite.
So, at this point, I have Cyanogen 10.2 running on my Atrix HD, and although I have found a few glitches, it is faster and it is now MINE!

audit13
Old
(Last edited by audit13; 31st May 2014 at 11:35 PM.)
Thanks Meter 352
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nevadadave View Post
Audit13 I'm not sure what you mean here. Root Explorer never indicated a "R/O" button or any other way to change permissions, it just kept saying that the file system was write-protected. ES File Explorer was very easily able to change this and allow me to remove the automatic recovery overwrite.
So, at this point, I have Cyanogen 10.2 running on my Atrix HD, and although I have found a few glitches, it is faster and it is now MINE!
In Root Explorer, You'll see the words "Mounted as r/o". To the right will be a button that says "Mount R/W".

I went with Validus 5.1 over 10.2.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2014-05-31-18-32-31[1].png
Views:	23
Size:	191.9 KB
ID:	2773724