Now Gesture Tweaks Replaces Google Now with Custom Action

On most modern Android devices with software navigation keys, swiping up from the … more

ToqAN Fixes Android 5.0 Notification Bug on Qualcomm Toq

The Qualcomm Toq is probably one of the lesser known smartwatches on the market … more

How to Root and Unlock the Google Nexus 6 on a Mac – XDA TV

In the past, XDA Developer TV Producer droidmodd3rx has shown you how to … more

Set Up Your MediaTek Device with Comprehensive Beginner’s Guide

As can be seen with the use of MediaTek chips in Android One devices … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

[Q] Cant get MB886 into custom recovery

OP Nevadadave

31st May 2014, 03:58 AM   |  #11  
Toronto
Thanks Meter: 1,010

3,156 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nevadadave

OK, I dropped Root Explorer and loaded ES File Explorer. ES Explorer allowed me to change the file R/W permissions and rename the stock recovery file.
adb would still not allow me to get to root, so I loaded adbd insecure from the Play store, and that gave me root access. I flashed the CWR 6.0.4.4, and so far (fingers crossed) I was able to boot to CWM and I'm backing up my system now. Hopefully, the next update will be to say that I have a new ROM installed...

All you need to gain r/w access is to click on the ro button to change it to read/write.
31st May 2014, 10:55 PM   |  #12  
OP Junior Member
Flag Carson City. NV
Thanks Meter: 0

10 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by audit13

All you need to gain r/w access is to click on the ro button to change it to read/write.

Audit13 I'm not sure what you mean here. Root Explorer never indicated a "R/O" button or any other way to change permissions, it just kept saying that the file system was write-protected. ES File Explorer was very easily able to change this and allow me to remove the automatic recovery overwrite.
So, at this point, I have Cyanogen 10.2 running on my Atrix HD, and although I have found a few glitches, it is faster and it is now MINE!
1st June 2014, 12:15 AM   |  #13  
Toronto
Thanks Meter: 1,010

3,156 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nevadadave

Audit13 I'm not sure what you mean here. Root Explorer never indicated a "R/O" button or any other way to change permissions, it just kept saying that the file system was write-protected. ES File Explorer was very easily able to change this and allow me to remove the automatic recovery overwrite.
So, at this point, I have Cyanogen 10.2 running on my Atrix HD, and although I have found a few glitches, it is faster and it is now MINE!

In Root Explorer, You'll see the words "Mounted as r/o". To the right will be a button that says "Mount R/W".

I went with Validus 5.1 over 10.2.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2014-05-31-18-32-31[1].png
Views:	26
Size:	191.9 KB
ID:	2773724  
Last edited by audit13; 1st June 2014 at 12:35 AM.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread