Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,738,368 Members 51,023 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Upgraded to an LG G2, is there a ROM to turn my E4GT to a strict MP3 player?

Tip us?

KingUniverse
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Audio [Q] Upgraded to an LG G2, is there a ROM to turn my E4GT to a strict MP3 player?

I upgraded to an LG G2, but still want to use my E4GT as an MP3, but was wondering if there's a ROM to help with battery life and gets rid of all the extra stuff except WIFI and Music .. ... If not, there should be .. ... Basically I don't need bluetooth, radio, or GPS .. ... Any ROM that would fit that profile otherwise? Thanks in advance!

mp3deviant721
Old
(Last edited by mp3deviant721; 31st May 2014 at 11:26 PM.)
Thanks Meter 44
Quote:
Originally Posted by KingUniverse View Post
I upgraded to an LG G2, but still want to use my E4GT as an MP3, but was wondering if there's a ROM to help with battery life and gets rid of all the extra stuff except WIFI and Music .. ... If not, there should be .. ... Basically I don't need bluetooth, radio, or GPS .. ... Any ROM that would fit that profile otherwise? Thanks in advance!
No ROMs like this are available as far as I know. What you can do is flash a ROM and then flash the zip found here:

http://rootzwiki.com/topic/25016-mod...le-cell-radio/

The KitKat version is found on page 6... You can also delete stuff you don't need by opening the ROM in 7zip and delete stuff that way too. Just don't delete anything that is needed to boot or use the device.

BTW, this is the same zip I flashed on my E4GT to use it as an MP3 player...
Samsung Galaxy S III SGH-T999 (Main Device)
ROM: CarbonRom 4.4.4 | GApps: BaNkS Minimal | Kernel: LeanKernel v9.8exp1 | Recovery: Philz 6.48.4 | Radio: UVUENC2

소녀시대, 티아라, & 에이오에이 fighting!

Other devices:

Samsung Galaxy S II SGH-T989
ROM: CarbonRom 4.4.4 | GApps: BaNkS Minimal | Kernel: WildKernel v007 | Recovery: TWRP 2.7.1.0 | Radio: UVMC6

Samsung Epic 4G Touch SPH-D710
ROM: PAC-Rom 4.4.2 | GApps: BaNkS Minimal | Kernel: Stock | Recovery: TWRP 2.6.3.0 | Radio: Disabled