Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,740,606 Members 47,823 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Get rid of contact picture grid

Tip us?

is350
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 9
Default [Q] Get rid of contact picture grid

Anyway to get rid of the grid that shows up on a contact picture? From what I searched, it has to do with the picture being low resolution but I still want to get rid of it. Anyone have a mod to do so?

Thank you.

zimilaci
Old
Thanks Meter 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by is350 View Post
Anyway to get rid of the grid that shows up on a contact picture? From what I searched, it has to do with the picture being low resolution but I still want to get rid of it. Anyone have a mod to do so?

Thank you.
Well, itt might now be the perfect answer for your question, but in order to remove the grid" I use sync.me software, which syncs the Facebook pictures with my contact entries. Of course after that I sync it with google (contacts) and its good...till next restore.

the Problem is that Google gmail/contacts cannot store bigger than 512x512 px picture (you can correct me if I am wrong)

So give it a shot, its fun and you have always up to date pictures
HTC One M8
ROM: 1.54.401.10 (KOT49H) | HBOOT: 3.16.0.0000 | Baseband: 1.16.2133156.UA15G_20.18m.4096.07L
■S-OFF | ■Rooted | ■Unlocked | ■Stock Kernel & Recovery
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
HTC One M7 (black) 32GB
Unlocked/Root/Cust. Kernel/Cust Rom/Modified Hboot/S-OFF

RETIRED: - iPhone 3gs/4, Samsung Galaxy S3/S4