Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,808,106 Members 40,521 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

no incoming calls

Tip us?

phil.culler
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 38
Default no incoming calls

So the other day I updated to NE6 firmware, did a full stock wipe and started fresh. A few days later I decided to install Xposed and Xprivacy to take control of some rampant app permissions. At some time today (1 to 2 days later i think) my phone stopped receiving incoming calls. I had to factory reset because I have to have a working phone, so I can't test and see what messed it up. Just wondering if anyone has encountered this.
Phone: HTC One M8 - GPE conversion

Tablet : Nexus 7 (2012)
ROM: Stock (at the moment)

~~~RETIRED~~~
Samsung Galaxy Note 3 - Jumped
Samsung GS2 T989 - Retired
T-Mobile G2 - Died
Mytouch 3g Slide - Returned Junk
Mytouch 3g - Died

dragonstalker
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 1,231

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by phil.culler View Post
So the other day I updated to NE6 firmware, did a full stock wipe and started fresh. A few days later I decided to install Xposed and Xprivacy to take control of some rampant app permissions. At some time today (1 to 2 days later i think) my phone stopped receiving incoming calls. I had to factory reset because I have to have a working phone, so I can't test and see what messed it up. Just wondering if anyone has encountered this.
1> How did you upgrade to NE6.
2> what xposed mods did you use.

after a day or 2 you might be able to grind it out to the last setting.

3> Just for laughs and giggles, check your apn to make sure it's set right. I know. DUH you've already done that. but i have to put that in there.

--HTC One (M*8)
--Note 10.1 2k4
-Recovery: TWRP
-Recovery: TWRP
-ROM: NV M8 RLS2
-ROM: xKat V3.2
-Kernel: ?
-Kernel: Bindroid V3

Blog: MobileEscape.blogspot.com

Retired: Behold, G1, MT Fender, MT3G Slide, Vibrant, N1, HD2 (android-Froyo), Viewsonic G-Tablet, AT&T SE Xperia X10i, Samsung Galaxy Tab; HTC Inspire, HTC Sensation, Droid Charge, MYTOUCH4G , Thunderbolt, Droid DNA (traded), Note 2, HTC Rezound, Note 3 (jumped)

phil.culler
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 38
Quote:
Originally Posted by dragonstalker View Post
1> How did you upgrade to NE6.
2> what xposed mods did you use.

after a day or 2 you might be able to grind it out to the last setting.

3> Just for laughs and giggles, check your apn to make sure it's set right. I know. DUH you've already done that. but i have to put that in there.
1) Upgraded with Odin via Windows in Parallels (never had a single problem with this and have done it for several years)

2) Was using Xprivacy to prevent Facebook from taking tons of information it doesn't need. I had recently downloaded Wanam, but hadn't activated it.

~~~RETIRED~~~
T-Mobile G2 - Died
Mytouch 3g - Died

byrdtulsa
Old
Thanks Meter 28
I talked with t-mobile and they said there is a WiFi calling issue.. that of u use WiFi calling and don't turn it off before u leave the WiFi your are connected to. That your calls will not go to the phone.. unless u connect back to WiFi and turn off

Sent from my SM-N900T using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

phil.culler
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 38
Quote:
Originally Posted by byrdtulsa View Post
I talked with t-mobile and they said there is a WiFi calling issue.. that of u use WiFi calling and don't turn it off before u leave the WiFi your are connected to. That your calls will not go to the phone.. unless u connect back to WiFi and turn off

Sent from my SM-N900T using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
Wow, thanks for the info. I remember when WiFi calling came out, it was very reliable. Seems to be getting worse.

~~~RETIRED~~~
T-Mobile G2 - Died
Mytouch 3g - Died

firemedic195
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Had same issue went to store where the tech told me simple card was fried and gave me a new card worked instantly