[Q] KitKat, GoogleNow, Stable and fast?

273 posts
Thanks Meter: 4
By itesla, Senior Member on 30th May 2014, 03:11 PM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
Water damage destroyed Samsung S4 so I was looking at Moto G/E, but the E specs are not too far off this Inspire. Haven't hacked with ROMs since I got a Nexus7 (2012) to replaced my old Nook Color. I was using CM7/9 back then on the Nook; it was rather slow, web browsing was painful (due to speed or touch sensor inaccuracy????)

For the Inspire there isn't a recent CM build. I did some browsing through the forums here, but there are so many ROM variations I don't know where to start.

So... what is the best ROM to get Inspire up to date (prefer KitKat if possible, or JellyBean)? This will be my daily driver phone so I need stability. Also looking for speed to be able to use my favorite apps: GoogleNow, WidgetLocker, NovaLauncher, Feedly, Tasker, ZooperWidget. Also would like to use Bluetooth headset and audio to car stereo.

So, which ROM is in heavy development/testing so there is a very stable build that I can flash and be done with it? Anything that doesn't work with it? Unfortunately I don't have a lot of free time to try a bunch of different ROMs or spend time every week updating to latest nightly builds.

There seems to be more activity in the DesireHD forums, should I be posting there?

Last edited by itesla; 30th May 2014 at 03:13 PM.
30th May 2014, 06:49 PM |#2  
Flag Accra
Thanks Meter: 1,207
Just lookout for jellytime by @randomblame

sent from an open source device
1st June 2014, 03:08 AM |#3  
Account currently disabled
Thanks Meter: 135
Cm 11 by musta

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)