No registration required

[Q] KitKat, GoogleNow, Stable and fast?

OP itesla

30th May 2014, 03:11 PM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 4

254 posts
More
Water damage destroyed Samsung S4 so I was looking at Moto G/E, but the E specs are not too far off this Inspire. Haven't hacked with ROMs since I got a Nexus7 (2012) to replaced my old Nook Color. I was using CM7/9 back then on the Nook; it was rather slow, web browsing was painful (due to speed or touch sensor inaccuracy????)

For the Inspire there isn't a recent CM build. I did some browsing through the forums here, but there are so many ROM variations I don't know where to start.

So... what is the best ROM to get Inspire up to date (prefer KitKat if possible, or JellyBean)? This will be my daily driver phone so I need stability. Also looking for speed to be able to use my favorite apps: GoogleNow, WidgetLocker, NovaLauncher, Feedly, Tasker, ZooperWidget. Also would like to use Bluetooth headset and audio to car stereo.

So, which ROM is in heavy development/testing so there is a very stable build that I can flash and be done with it? Anything that doesn't work with it? Unfortunately I don't have a lot of free time to try a bunch of different ROMs or spend time every week updating to latest nightly builds.

There seems to be more activity in the DesireHD forums, should I be posting there?

Thanks!!!!
Last edited by itesla; 30th May 2014 at 03:13 PM.
30th May 2014, 06:49 PM   |  #2  
Flag Accra
Thanks Meter: 551

842 posts
More
Just lookout for jellytime by @randomblame

sent from an open source device
1st June 2014, 03:08 AM   |  #3  
Thanks Meter: 128

1,428 posts
Cm 11 by musta

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk