Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,813,360 Members 49,875 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] KitKat, GoogleNow, Stable and fast?

Tip us?

itesla
Old
(Last edited by itesla; 30th May 2014 at 02:13 PM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 4
Default [Q] KitKat, GoogleNow, Stable and fast?

Water damage destroyed Samsung S4 so I was looking at Moto G/E, but the E specs are not too far off this Inspire. Haven't hacked with ROMs since I got a Nexus7 (2012) to replaced my old Nook Color. I was using CM7/9 back then on the Nook; it was rather slow, web browsing was painful (due to speed or touch sensor inaccuracy????)

For the Inspire there isn't a recent CM build. I did some browsing through the forums here, but there are so many ROM variations I don't know where to start.

So... what is the best ROM to get Inspire up to date (prefer KitKat if possible, or JellyBean)? This will be my daily driver phone so I need stability. Also looking for speed to be able to use my favorite apps: GoogleNow, WidgetLocker, NovaLauncher, Feedly, Tasker, ZooperWidget. Also would like to use Bluetooth headset and audio to car stereo.

So, which ROM is in heavy development/testing so there is a very stable build that I can flash and be done with it? Anything that doesn't work with it? Unfortunately I don't have a lot of free time to try a bunch of different ROMs or spend time every week updating to latest nightly builds.

There seems to be more activity in the DesireHD forums, should I be posting there?

Thanks!!!!
Current: Samsung Galaxy S4, Nexus7(2012)
Previous: iPhone3GS-JB, NookColor-CM9, Cingular8125/HTC Wizard WM5, Sony T610, Nokia 8210, Nokia 6110

xdagee
Old
Thanks Meter 339
Just lookout for jellytime by @randomblame

sent from an open source device

Development Projects
CM 11S OnePlus Edition
Sony Xperia UI

Don't hesitate to hit the button if i have helped you
"If youíre born poor, itís not your mistake. But if you die poor, it is your mistake."

chrisb906
Old
Thanks Meter 121
Cm 11 by musta

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk