Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,780,486 Members 44,366 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] USB OTG?

Tip us?
 
j-skeelz
Old
#1  
j-skeelz's Avatar
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 42
Posts: 147
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: San Leonardo City
Question [Q] USB OTG?

Is the Nexus 7 2013 WiFi only can use USB OTG? cause i have the 16gb ver and im having some difficulties with storage. And where can i find a qi wireless charger here in the Philippines? And how to use it xD. And how can i use the nfc? :3
Devices:
Samsung Galaxy S Advance | GT-i9070
-Firmware: I9070DDULP8 [India]
-ROM: HarshJelly v5.0
-Kernel: CoCore E-7.0 with CWM (AOSP)
-MODs: No MODs at the Moment

Asus Google Nexus 7 2013
-Firmware: Stock
-ROM: None
-Kernel: Stock
-MODs: No MODs


If I helped YOU in ANYWAY.
Please don't forget to click this ''THANKS'' button.
It also applies if you have liked what i said.
 
rap3rman
Old
#2  
rap3rman's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 73
Posts: 222
Join Date: Feb 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by j-skeelz View Post
Is the Nexus 7 2013 WiFi only can use USB OTG? cause i have the 16gb ver and im having some difficulties with storage. And where can i find a qi wireless charger here in the Philippines? And how to use it xD. And how can i use the nfc? :3
That's alot of questions there
Yes the Otg cable works; I use it myself
As for where you can find a wireless charger in the Philippines I can't say. But all you do literally is plug in the charger and rest the device on top of it.
NFC is used as a substitute to your credit cards and you can also use it to share user data such as BBM pins and other small pieces of data


Sent from my Nexus 7 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
Android Geek
The Following User Says Thank You to rap3rman For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
Fred98TJ
Old
#3  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 15
Join Date: Sep 2013
How do you get the USB OTG to work, what file browser do you use to see it.
I have a San Disk Ultra dual USB (micro usb and regular USB), and use the ES file manager.
When I plug the San Disk into my Nexus 5 it (ES File manager) see's it just fine.
On the Nexus 7 when I plug the San Disk in I can't seem to find it showing up in the ES File Manager.
Maybe I just need to use another file browser.

Thanks,
Fred


Quote:
Originally Posted by rap3rman View Post
That's alot of questions there
Yes the Otg cable works; I use it myself
As for where you can find a wireless charger in the Philippines I can't say. But all you do literally is plug in the charger and rest the device on top of it.
NFC is used as a substitute to your credit cards and you can also use it to share user data such as BBM pins and other small pieces of data


Sent from my Nexus 7 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
 
rap3rman
Old
#4  
rap3rman's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 73
Posts: 222
Join Date: Feb 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fred98TJ View Post
How do you get the USB OTG to work, what file browser do you use to see it.
I have a San Disk Ultra dual USB (micro usb and regular USB), and use the ES file manager.
When I plug the San Disk into my Nexus 5 it (ES File manager) see's it just fine.
On the Nexus 7 when I plug the San Disk in I can't seem to find it showing up in the ES File Manager.
Maybe I just need to use another file browser.

Thanks,
Fred
I also use Es File Manager. Maybe its because im using a custom rom + kernel with better OTG support
Android Geek
Tags
usb otg
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes