Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,739,209 Members 48,514 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Flashed Stock 4.4.2. How to Root?

Tip us?

Suicide_Evo
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] Flashed Stock 4.4.2. How to Root?

Hello All,

I recently flashed KitKat 4.4.2 successfully but now I need to re-root. I see dodgy posts about rooting certain ways. Can someone please point me to the right direction in the easiest and safest way to root on KitKat? Thanks!

ThatGuy94
Old
Thanks Meter 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suicide_Evo View Post
Hello All,

I recently flashed KitKat 4.4.2 successfully but now I need to re-root. I see dodgy posts about rooting certain ways. Can someone please point me to the right direction in the easiest and safest way to root on KitKat? Thanks!
You can use CF Auto Root to re-root the phone. The only problem is this method will trip the Knox warranty void counter which can't be reset at this time. You flash it through odin and after it roots, you need to disable Knox. To do that, download (or update) SuperSU and when you run it for the first time, it will give you an option to disable Knox for the root to fully work. Finally, you can install the custom recovery. While this is optional, this is strongly recommended. You can use CWM or TWRP by downloading from either ROM Manager or Goo Manager depending on what recovery you want. After doing that, you should have a fully working root

Download CF Auto Root: http://download.chainfire.eu/233/CF-...pr-sphl710.zip

droid716
Old
Thanks Meter 534

DONATE TO ME
You can also flash the SuperSU zip after using Odin to flash a custom recovery (I recommend philz)

Sent from my Sprint Galaxy S3 rocking Bilgerryans Wicked X ROM with the fluidity script, Tweaked out with a bunch of xposed modules, powered by Ktoonsez KT747 Kernel!!
The Following User Says Thank You to droid716 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]