Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,737,799 Members 49,119 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Nexus 7 Micro USB Frequently Disconnecting

Tip us?

Heretocracy
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] Nexus 7 Micro USB Frequently Disconnecting

I've had my Nexus 7 2013 for about half a year and it's had micro-usb issues for a month or so before this, but now it is completely impossible to transfer files or connect to my PC as a storage device. The charging icon will remain active, and it will charge, but it simply either doesn't register, or if I repeatedly insert the micro-USB, the "Connected as MTP" will pop up but quickly go away. My PC tries to install the driver but shortly closes after it registers that the tablet has disconnected.

It isn't the cord as I've tried it with multiple, so I'm moderately sure it's the tablet USB port. Is there any way I could fix this without having to get a replacement and if not, how do I go about replacing it?

Thanks in advance for any help. Anything is appreciated.

rap3rman
Old
Thanks Meter 72
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heretocracy View Post
I've had my Nexus 7 2013 for about half a year and it's had micro-usb issues for a month or so before this, but now it is completely impossible to transfer files or connect to my PC as a storage device. The charging icon will remain active, and it will charge, but it simply either doesn't register, or if I repeatedly insert the micro-USB, the "Connected as MTP" will pop up but quickly go away. My PC tries to install the driver but shortly closes after it registers that the tablet has disconnected.

It isn't the cord as I've tried it with multiple, so I'm moderately sure it's the tablet USB port. Is there any way I could fix this without having to get a replacement and if not, how do I go about replacing it?

Thanks in advance for any help. Anything is appreciated.
A couple of my friends Nexus 7's also got its charging port damaged. I wouldnt advise you to fix it by yourself as it's risky. Carry it by a repair shop. I know that the Usb port is located on a separate board and not with the cpu etc so its not hard/expensive to fix.
Android Geek