Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,734,115 Members 52,475 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Can I install cm 11 or a stock kitkat rom that does not have touchwiz on my NB1?

Tip us?

Gabe3
Old
(Last edited by Gabe3; 1st June 2014 at 03:57 AM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 3
Default Can I install cm 11 or a stock kitkat rom that does not have touchwiz on my NB1?

I have a att s4 sgh-1337 with android 4.4.2. baseband version 1337UCUFNB1. I'm trying to put on CM 11. or another rom that looks like stock android with no touchwiz and 100% working and stable. if I downgrade to android 4.3. can I then root, install CWM recovery, and install CM 11?

what would happen if I booted into android system recovery and installed the cm 11 rom for my phone?

Rhymey
Old
Thanks Meter 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gabe3 View Post
I have a att s4 sgh-1337 with android 4.4.2. baseband version 1337UCUFNB1. I'm trying to put on CM 11. or another rom that looks like stock android with no touchwiz and 100% working and stable. if I downgrade to android 4.3. can I then root, install CWM recovery, and install CM 11?

what would happen if I booted into android system recovery and installed the cm 11 rom for my phone?
Short answer: No. You'll void your warranty and bootloop.

As for 'stock android look', I can recommend PurifieD or Google Play Edition ROM although it has a few bug that I'm going to work on once this semester ends..

jmjoyas
Old
Thanks Meter 130
Quote:

No CM for now. You cannot replace the stock recovery. The only working recovery we have is safestrap.

You can use DVKM Tool and install BlackBox3.0 (Check post 3 of All things ATT thread)

Gabe3
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 3
thanks. hm, don't know what I should do. I bought this phone last week used on ebay so I dont think I have a warranty to void. another reason I wanted CM is so i could easily get updates. I dont really want to be messing with roms all the time. do you guys think cm will work soon? in the next few months? maybe I should stick with what I have till that happens. I'd rather wait for that then cause my self more headache.

does PurifieD come with the stock kitkat widgets?

Rhymey
Old
Thanks Meter 12
Quote:
in the next few months? maybe I should stick with what I have till that happens. I'd rather wait for that then cause my self more headache.

does PurifieD come with the stock kitkat widgets?
No, probably not. The i337s bootloader is locked so we can't flash kernels. A lot of devs have moved onto newer devices so I doubt anything new will happen. And I'm not sure what the stock kitkat widgets are.

Gabe3
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhymey View Post
No, probably not. The i337s bootloader is locked so we can't flash kernels. A lot of devs have moved onto newer devices so I doubt anything new will happen. And I'm not sure what the stock kitkat widgets are.
what android version would the i337 need to have to be able to install cm 11? 4.2.x ? I'm thinking of asking the guy I bought mine from to see if he has any others that still have an older android version that would let me install cm on.

jd1639
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 3053
Quote:
what android version would the i337 need to have to be able to install cm 11? 4.2.x ? I'm thinking of asking the guy I bought mine from to see if he has any others that still have an older android version that would let me install cm on.
You'd need 4.2.2, mdb or mdl bootloader and firmware

Sent from my Nexus 5 using XDA Free mobile app

Gabe3
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by jd1639 View Post
You'd need 4.2.2, mdb or mdl bootloader and firmware

Sent from my Nexus 5 using XDA Free mobile app
in about device. is baseband version the firmware and build number the bootloader?

thanks.

Rhymey
Old
Thanks Meter 12
Quote:
in about device. is baseband version the firmware and build number the bootloader?

thanks.
no. download 'phone info samsung' off the appstore and it'll tell you your bootloader version

Gabe3
Old
(Last edited by Gabe3; 2nd June 2014 at 10:51 PM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhymey View Post
no. download 'phone info samsung' off the appstore and it'll tell you your bootloader version
ok thanks. and baseband version is firmware?

will the att update automatically install if I connect to wifi?