Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,740,807 Members 53,170 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

How to get S-On again?

Tip us?

DKing615
Old
(Last edited by DKing615; 31st May 2014 at 07:02 PM.)
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default How to get S-On again?

Short story - I use a Miracast screen mirroring device to play netflix from my phone to my TV. I was going to flash the Harman Kardon software onto my phone which required S-Off. I got s-off but later when I tried to use miracast I got hit with a HDCP authorization failure because my phone is apparently no longer certified. How can I get s-on again? I can't find a guide for the m8. I'm temp rooted with weaksauce but am on stock ROM. Will a factory reset fix it? Will an OTA update fix it?

Thanks in advance!

Karl
Old
Thanks Meter 466

DONATE TO ME
Maybe root cloak can help

Sent From HTC One m8

godhamba
Old
Thanks Meter 28
If you have done absolutely nothing to it in the way of flashing a modified recovery or the like, then you can safely return to S-ON through a fastboot command found in several threads here.

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using XDA Free mobile app
Try Copy with my referral link and you'll get 20GB instead of 15Gb, for life! It blows away Dropbox in every way.

dottat
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 753

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by DKing615 View Post
Short story - I use a Miracast screen mirroring device to play netflix from my phone to my TV. I was going to flash the Harman Kardon software onto my phone which required S-Off. I got s-off but later when I tried to use miracast I got hit with a HDCP authorization failure because my phone is apparently no longer certified. How can I get s-on again? I can't find a guide for the m8. I'm temp rooted with weaksauce but am on stock ROM. Will a factory reset fix it? Will an OTA update fix it?

Thanks in advance!
S off should have no bearing on this. You run some serious risks turning it back to on. I would strongly advise against it. Like the second post said try root cloak first as most problems like this are due to being rooted

Sent from my SM-T320 using Tapatalk