How to get S-On again?

OP DKing615

31st May 2014, 06:58 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

1 posts
Short story - I use a Miracast screen mirroring device to play netflix from my phone to my TV. I was going to flash the Harman Kardon software onto my phone which required S-Off. I got s-off but later when I tried to use miracast I got hit with a HDCP authorization failure because my phone is apparently no longer certified. How can I get s-on again? I can't find a guide for the m8. I'm temp rooted with weaksauce but am on stock ROM. Will a factory reset fix it? Will an OTA update fix it?

Thanks in advance!
Last edited by DKing615; 31st May 2014 at 07:02 PM.
31st May 2014, 07:11 PM   |  #2  
Flag California
Thanks Meter: 469

1,523 posts
More
Maybe root cloak can help

Sent From HTC One m8
1st June 2014, 03:01 AM   |  #3  
Thanks Meter: 28

193 posts
If you have done absolutely nothing to it in the way of flashing a modified recovery or the like, then you can safely return to S-ON through a fastboot command found in several threads here.

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using XDA Free mobile app
1st June 2014, 04:51 AM   |  #4  
Recognized Contributor
Flag york, pa
Thanks Meter: 1,162

2,592 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by DKing615

Short story - I use a Miracast screen mirroring device to play netflix from my phone to my TV. I was going to flash the Harman Kardon software onto my phone which required S-Off. I got s-off but later when I tried to use miracast I got hit with a HDCP authorization failure because my phone is apparently no longer certified. How can I get s-on again? I can't find a guide for the m8. I'm temp rooted with weaksauce but am on stock ROM. Will a factory reset fix it? Will an OTA update fix it?

Thanks in advance!

S off should have no bearing on this. You run some serious risks turning it back to on. I would strongly advise against it. Like the second post said try root cloak first as most problems like this are due to being rooted

Sent from my SM-T320 using Tapatalk
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread