Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,741,743 Members 43,634 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Help in flashing a xperia play to r800a north america firmware?....

Tip us?

pctektgg
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 3
Default Help in flashing a xperia play to r800a north america firmware?....

I have a unlocked at&t r800at xperia play running the stock at&t firmware 2.3.3, I do have a 2.3.4 r800a north america firmware file, also have latest flashtool installed but even though i put the firmware .tft file in the firmware folder of the flashtool folders when i go to firmware option in flashtools the list to pick firmwares is blank.

Also when starting up flashtool it says something about for 2011 devices make sure mtp mode is off or something like that. Can anyone tell me the steps to install a firmware, such as does the phone need to be on or off and in what mode etc etc and why is the firmware window in flashtools is empty? Thanks

raminta
Old
Thanks Meter 71
Quote:
Originally Posted by pctektgg View Post
I have a unlocked at&t r800at xperia play running the stock at&t firmware 2.3.3, I do have a 2.3.4 r800a north america firmware file, also have latest flashtool installed but even though i put the firmware .tft file in the firmware folder of the flashtool folders when i go to firmware option in flashtools the list to pick firmwares is blank.

Also when starting up flashtool it says something about for 2011 devices make sure mtp mode is off or something like that. Can anyone tell me the steps to install a firmware, such as does the phone need to be on or off and in what mode etc etc and why is the firmware window in flashtools is empty? Thanks
Are u sure that the extinction of file is . FTF???maybe it . Zip

Sent from my R800i using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

pctektgg
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by raminta View Post
Are u sure that the extinction of file is . FTF???maybe it . Zip

No it is a .ftf it doesnt have zip in it. if it did winrar would have seen it as a zip file.

raminta
Old
Thanks Meter 71
Quote:
Originally Posted by pctektgg View Post
No it is a .ftf it doesnt have zip in it. if it did winrar would have seen it as a zip file.
Maybe the file is corrupted re-download it and see what happens or try another firmware
If none of them works install an older version of flashtool like v 0.13.0.0 or earlier versions

pctektgg
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by raminta View Post
Maybe the file is corrupted re-download it and see what happens or try another firmware
If none of them works install an older version of flashtool like v 0.13.0.0 or earlier versions

Thanks for the info about trying an older version I didn't find the version you mention but I tried 0.6.6 version and it saw the firmware and it worked thanks.